December 28, 200916 yr comment_401183 ive order some cusco camber tops to get some camber. i was planning to run cut eb rear spings but decided not to go down that path. I'm gonna run thicker motorbike fork oil in the shockers. how is it gonna around corners with some camber, stiffer shockers and the standerd coils? also ford eb rear king springs the same height as the standerd ke55 coil? (i don't wanna cut no springs) thank you for your time Report
December 28, 200916 yr comment_401207 i had cut lovel front springs and monroe gas inserts was lowered maybe a few inches,a very very noticable difernce in handling, much firmer,looses the body roll and shapens the steering ,how ever the gas shocks only lasted a year be for they stufted out,so i wouldnt recomened standard height shocks with cut springs! I'm currently in the same situation as you ,I'm looking for a shock and spring combo that i can use in my 55, don't want cut springs any more but maybe a factory spring that is shorter than the corolla item and a shock to suit??? the hunt is on! ,ive never heard of ford springs being used so would be interested as well in there lenght......... Edited December 28, 200916 yr by JDM55 Report
December 28, 200916 yr Author comment_401213 i had cut lovel front srings and monroe gas inserts was lowered maybe a few inches,a very very noticable difernce in handling, much firmer,looses the body roll and shapens the steering ,how ever the gas shocks only lasted a year be for they stufted out,so i wouldnt recomened standard height shocks with cut springs! I'm currently in the same situation as you ,I'm looking for a shock and spring combo that i can use in my 55, don't want cut springs any more but maybe a factory spring that is shorter than the corolla item and a shock to suit??? the hunt is on! ,ive never heard of ford springs being used so would be interested as well in there lenght......... thats the thing i don't wanna action from the boys in blue so standerd height and no cut springs it is! just wanted opions how it would handle with the camber tops and stock springs? Report
December 28, 200916 yr comment_401219 thats the thing i don't wanna action from the boys in blue so standerd height and no cut springs it is! just wanted opions how it would handle with the camber tops and stock springs? I can't imagine there will be even a noticable difference with JUST camber tops. I'd say a better idea would be to get some aftermarket springs and shocks before doing anything else with camber. Report
December 28, 200916 yr Author comment_401220 I can't imagine there will be even a noticable difference with JUST camber tops. I'd say a better idea would be toget some aftermarket springs and shocks before doing anything else with camber. thanks for your input mate, ill ring king springs and see how much for the front :dance: Report
December 28, 200916 yr comment_401260 the eb springs infront are huge need to be cut in half for even a nice height but still gives u minaml shockertravel. and leave the chance of springs falling out that what I'm looking into at the moment is how to stop my springs faling out if they unload but they go awesome so stiff Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now