Shauns Ke30 5k Build Umm Maybe Some New Pant C=

shauns ke30

hey all i think its about time i do some work on my 5k ;)

did some looking around and this is what i found sofar??

my 5k is coming out and a 4k is being replaced ;)

just wanna no what people think about the mods i wanna do

to start it of:

*reground cam (camteck 33-64/72-32 , 277/284 degrees 0.345'' valve lift) peek power 8000+RPM'S!!!

*SHIM OIL pump for faster oil movement and a ford z9 oil filter!!!

*change too solid lifter with 4k rocket gear!!! (datsun 1200 push rods) :lolcry:

*maybe abit of head work panding price tho and new valves and harder valve springes!!!

*balanceing the motor new piston rings!!!

*electronic dizzy!!!

* and i also wanna get rid of the stock k fuel pump!!! (but i don't no where to start for that one)

the things i have sofar

*gt40 coil, new sparky leads and 5k stock cam!!

*32/36 weber 1500cc jets!!!

* exedy tuff clutch!!! ;)

*4 to 1 extrackters 2in pipe into hotdog and in a muffler box followed by a 3in dump pipe!!!

i hope I'm going in the right direction and any ideas will be grate

cheers shaun

Edited by shauns ke30

Members dont see this ad

Sounds close to my 5K build, but I used twin down drought Aisan carbies.

I found the Datsun push rods were too long. Overcome this by getting some spacers made to go under my rocker assembly (I can't remember thickness but wasn't much).

I also decided to ditch the Electronic dizzy, I heard something about the standard 5K elec dizzy being suited to vans not cars... but didn't really do much homework on that, just decided to go as lo-tech as possible :S

Good luck, can't wait to get some updates!

*reground cam (camteck 33-64/72-32 , 277/284 degrees 0.345'' valve lift) peek power 8000+RPM'S!!!

*change too solid lifter with 4k rocket gear!!! (datsun 1200 push rods) :S

*maybe abit of head work panding price tho and new valves and harder valve springes!!!

*electronic dizzy!!!

* and i also wanna get rid of the stock k fuel pump!!! (but i don't no where to start for that one)

Some pointers after doing my build:

- Don't bother with the solids right now if you want to save some $ time and effort. I didn't, have no problems, and don't have to gap tappets.

- I ran a stock head, just rebuilt with new valve seats and that was plenty good. When I did a head gasket though, I got the engine guys to port match it, I wouldn't bother unless your running a non factory manifold. It's easy enough to get the head done at a later date, either get a second head then you can just swap.

- If you're doing the rings, 160 bucks will net you a new set of pistons - go up in size, 40 or 60 thou over. Plus, there's a chance you might have to rebore it anyway, you won't know until you get the engine apart.

- Balancing is the key to good revving. Do it.

-Elec dizzy is worth the cash to avoid gapping points ever again.

- Keep the stock K pump; unless of course you can give me a really good reason, I don't understand why you'd bother changing it. I use a lot more fuel with twin sidedrafts than your little weber will use and the mech pump does the job fine.

ok philbey well ill keep the k pump. just for they where no good. but sounds like there pretty good :y:

umm i got a z9 ford oil filter today and new oil 15w 40 (panrite) if thats how you spell it.

shiming the oil pump tomorrow??? :jamie:

just need sump gasget

PSI

at the monent its running 20w-50 gtx2 castrol

my oil PSI sits on 62 PSI on start up @ 800-850 RPM

when warm 40 PSI.

when reving @3000 RPM its on around 80 PSI

is this normal or has the oil pump been shimed already?????

cheers shaun

hey all i think its about time i do some work on my 5k :jamie:

did some looking around and this is what i found sofar??

my 5k is coming out and a 4k is being replaced :P

just wanna no what people think about the mods i wanna do

to start it of:

*change too solid lifter with 4k rocket gear!!! (datsun 1200 push rods) :y:

*electronic dizzy!!!

the things i have sofar

*gt40 coil, new sparky leads and 5k stock cam!!

*32/36 weber 1500cc jets!!!

* exedy tuff clutch!!! :lolcry:

*4 to 1 extrackters 2in pipe into hotdog and in a muffler box followed by a 3in dump pipe!!!

i hope I'm going in the right direction and any ideas will be grate

cheers shaun

• 3 weeks later...

hey all my 5k build is being put on hold for now as the 30 needs loveing eleswere (body and paint)

my dad allways told me if it works leve it alone!! well thats what I'm doing for now ill build the 5k later :)

ok the last couple of week ive been think :wink: the rolla needs some new paint ive been

buying some stuff so i can do some body work i can get ahold of a spray booth and ive allready got the paint

altra white it is C=

now plains for the car I'm going old skool with the white body red 15in stockies with the white walls :D

wish me luck dam rust repair :yes:

cheers shaun