Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bosskits

Featured Replies

Looking at buying a wheel that has a KE70 boss on it. Would this fit my KE20 or would I need to do something else to it?

 

cheers for the help

NO... the KE10 and KE20 are listed as being the same and I'm sure the KE10 requires a different boss kit to the KE70, ergo the KE70 kit will not fit the KE20.

 

There are KE20 boss kits on ebay. :lolcry:

  • Author
NO... the KE10 and KE20 are listed as being the same and I'm sure the KE10 requires a different boss kit to the KE70, ergo the KE70 kit will not fit the KE20.

 

There are KE20 boss kits on ebay. :lolcry:

awesome cheers mate.

 

Are they easy enought to fit?

 

I'm guessing so

I got a cheap one off ebay, it was ok on the shaft but the bolt holes didn't line up perfectly. I had to "carefully" drill the holes out a couple of mill to get it to line up with the wheel.

 

Though the wheel was a cheap ebay wheel so it may have been the wheel that was out :lolcry:

  • Author
I got a cheap one off ebay, it was ok on the shaft but the bolt holes didn't line up perfectly. I had to "carefully" drill the holes out a couple of mill to get it to line up with the wheel.

 

Though the wheel was a cheap ebay wheel so it may have been the wheel that was out :lolcry:

Yeah I went thought your resto.

 

Pretty tough looking wheel.

 

I'm looking at a deep dish nardi wheel.

 

A real tiny one :jamie:

Funnily enough my AE82 steering wheel fit on my KE70 and then fitted onto my KE11. They obviously have the same spline pattern all through however not sure on the length of the boss.

not sure but ive had a favorite steering wheel/boss that ive put on a ke20, 25, 30, 35, 55, and 70, and the same one fit all.

Sounds like I might be wrong... How come you never see a boss kit listed at KE10-20-30-35-55-70??

Kind of on topic, but is there any kind of low profile Bosskit at all? Or will I have to get a preexisting one shortened?

 

*edit* I'm actually the one responsible for the late model wheel in the KE18.....

Edited by Toy-Yoda

  • Author
Kind of on topic, but is there any kind of low profile Bosskit at all? Or will I have to get a preexisting one shortened?

 

*edit* I'm actually the one responsible for the late model wheel in the KE18.....

damn good question. I already need to squeeze in without a dishy wheel and a huge mofo boss kit (it's hard being 6"2' sometimes)

 

also if you change to rack and pinnion steering can you shorten the column?

There's more to a bosskit than just spline size. My guess is that some are longer than others, and also, they probably have different pins for cancelling the turn signals.

 

 

Kind of on topic, but is there any kind of low profile Bosskit at all? Or will I have to get a preexisting one shortened?

 

*edit* I'm actually the one responsible for the late model wheel in the KE18.....

 

Yeh I couldn't remember at the time who he bought it off haha.

Oh it wasn't mine, I just helped work on it......

 

On the bosskit thing, all the ones I've seen are about the same length ~100mm or so give or take, I kinda need one half that long or less to fit me in and the wheel and still have it at a height I can reach comfortably enough, otherwise it'll be too high up and too close......

Well to throw something else in the mix...

 

I just bought a Nardi wheel which was on a KE20 and it does not fit my KE10. It is too long!!! I am going to look at ways to modify it or get a correct one. Not happy jan :wink:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.