205/60/14 Tires

Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad

they will fit, with the right offset of course.

I have 215/70/14's in the rear of the wagon atm. wrong offset wheel tho so they will scrub on the outside at legal height. but will fit with about another 10mm + offset. so probably looking around the +10 to +15 mark IMO.

Grab yourself 2 rulers.

Lay one flat against the lip on the back of the wheel (lip, not tyre)

Take the second ruler and hold it 90deg to the first one with the 0cm side against the hub mounting surface.

Have a look on your second ruler and see where the 1st ruler crosses it and take note of the distance from the hub to the 1st ruler.

Then work out the difference between your measurement and the 0 offset measurement and thats your offest. weather it be positive or negative

6.5in= 165mm 0 offset = 82.5mm Eg. -10 = 72.5mm +10= 92.5 mm

7in= 177mm 0 offset = 89mm Eg. -10 = 79mm +10=99mm

Any measurement on the 2nd rule LOWER than the distance for 0 offest is neg offset.

And any measurement on the 2nd rule GREATER then the distance for 0 offset is positive offset.

Hope you can understand it, I'm a lil tired

Grab yourself 2 rulers.

Lay one flat against the lip on the back of the wheel (lip, not tyre)

Take the second ruler and hold it 90deg to the first one with the 0cm side against the hub mounting surface.

Have a look on your second ruler and see where the 1st ruler crosses it and take note of the distance from the hub to the 1st ruler.

Then work out the difference between your measurement and the 0 offset measurement and thats your offest. weather it be positive or negative

6.5in= 165mm 0 offset = 82.5mm Eg. -10 = 72.5mm +10= 92.5 mm

7in= 177mm 0 offset = 89mm Eg. -10 = 79mm +10=99mm

Any measurement on the 2nd rule LOWER than the distance for 0 offest is neg offset.

BTW

that's probably one of the best descriptions on how to check offset

And any measurement on the 2nd rule GREATER then the distance for 0 offset is positive offset.

Hope you can understand it, I'm a lil tired

So, if I find my offset is, hypothetically, -5mm and there is atleast 15mm between tyre and guard I could run up to -20mm offset wheels?

NOTE: plucking figures out of the air to get my head around this

Edited by Duckman

What ever happened to the good old days where we would bolt them on to see if they fit. Seeing you already have the wheels etc :P

PS.

225/60/13 will go under a KE35 with the lips rolled (using a rubber mallet). don't know the offset but they were on a 6 inch rim and had a little room to spare on the inside.

Edited by coln72

So, if I find my offset is, hypothetically, -5mm and there is atleast 15mm between tyre and guard I could run up to -20mm offset wheels?

NOTE: plucking figures out of the air to get my head around this

Hypothetically, yes.

I need my 12 slotters modified with another +10 offset to get the 215's in the guards.