Ke2# Steering Box Removal....

Tally

Members dont see this ad

without looking at one closely, you should be able to disconnect the input shaft (splined) via a small clamp that you just loosen off.

BUT talking to scotty on the weekend, you might need to pull out the whole steering shaft? I believe this is the case in the Ke10's, not sure about the 20's.

Hey Tally, whereabouts are you in Adelaide? I want to see if I can get a ke20 box and column into my ke10, so I'd love the chance to take a few measurements of one if I can?

Edited by philbey

KE20 the whole shaft needs to come out. This is a seriously unattractive job, and impossible if you can't get enough clearance from the ground. All of the column trim comes off, the ignition lock, indicators, two bolt under the dash (don't loose the tapered spacers), four bolts that hold the big bracket to the column, and a whole lot of wiggling. And I don't mean four blokes in scivvies.

Edited by Redwarf

thanks guys for the help. ended up just unbolting the 3 bolts and moving it so i could degrease the area as best as I could...

wish you could take it out without taking the steering column out... would make it so much easier...

pm sent philbey

Holy hell I might not bother now tally....

Red while we're on the topic, what success have you had with the adjuster bolts on steering boxes - ie, do you usually see much improvement.

Mines become much more loose over 2 years, it used to be quite tight. Until I pull out my brake booster though, I can't quite get in there to tighten it.