Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Twinky's Twinky!

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

Just thought I'd Introduce myself as I have always been trawling through this site and have recently aquired a ke55 sedan.

My name is Alex and I live in the modbury area in SA. I am a DIY backyard mechanic and Electronics Technitian/Engineer by trade.

My pride and joy is my 1986 AE82 Twincam Corolla. I bought it years ago and slowly fell in love with the beast. The nimble response

and go-kart feel has always put a smile on my face when I hop in the car. Especially after driving my missisus honda so called sports car!

Anyway, It all started with little things untill the motor blew a rear main seal and my mechanic wanted to charge me an arm and a leg to fix it.

So what do normal people do? They find a 20v silvertop and slap it in while on a so called sickie/long weekend. Then I fell into the black hole that is modding.....

 

Lightwhieght flywheel

Xtreme heavy duty clutch

AE93 front brake upgrade 258mm by 22mm disks

Bazda spec race coilovers 6kg front 4kg rear 30 way adjustable dampening running -2.5 camber

Standard sway bars and strut brace

3" cat back system with magnaflow cannon (way too big, need 2.5" cat back)

Bucket seat

Haltech (yet to fit so that I can use velocity stacks)

 

And the work still continues, the car is in a hundred peices and is a good month away from completion. Which is why I now own the lovely ke55

Anyhoose here it is!

 

This is when I first fitted the silvertop

Picture021.jpg

 

Picture004.jpg

 

Then taken to mallala with standard brakes and suspention (not a good idea) but still managed to pull a 1:35

Here is a video link

untitled.jpg

 

Then I made my own front and rear lip aswell as grille

100_0131.jpg

100_0132.jpg

 

And most recently installed coilovers! (gotta love that 3 wheeling clearance!)

Picture001.jpg

 

And now the car is in peices :D

Pictures008.jpg

Pictures009.jpg

 

And here is my new daily :jamie:

iqau7m.jpg\

 

Cheers guys!

Edited by Twinky

YESSSSS :jamie:

 

another ae82 :D

 

Welcome dude!

 

Nice looking twinky there dude!

How did you make the front lip? Fibreglass? Or did you mod a lip to suit the bar?

 

If so, Id love one :D hehe

 

Moe

  • Author

Well it is simple really. Just get another front bar and cut off the bottom section, flip it upside down and bolt it on!

Easy!

 

Cut along the dotted line (note that the lip is already bolted on in this photo so just imagine it is not there)

Example.jpg

 

Flip upside down and bolt it on!

Image0011.jpg

 

Image0013.jpg

 

You are left with a bit of a gap next to the wheels so just cut up a mud flap and stick it on (bolt it on first to mark out the excess to cut)

Image0022.jpg

 

And hey presto!

Image00241.jpg

Edited by Twinky

Nice to see you on another forum here alex :jamie: I've gotta get a ride in your car when its back together just to see what its like with those coilovers. Also isn't it 6kg front and 4kg rear? Anyway good to follow your progress over here as well :D

 

p.s. buy my weber :D

Edited by 200Boy

  • Author

Yes you are infact correct! They are 6kg front and 4kg rears, cheers I'll update the post. Can't say you would enjoy being a passenger :jamie: The ride is really stiff but grip is phenominal (as is tyre wear).

Still pondering on carby, the missus won't be happy that I'm already planing to mod the daily :D Been looking at wade cams and I might get one, just need to figure out how aggressive I can make it without any other mods to the head.

i can make the exhast myself aswell as an adaptor plate but changing the cam is about as far as i would go for internal work.

 

Haha! I just found out the 4k's have the best immobaliser factory fitted. Just take out the dizzy rotor!

Edited by Twinky

Very cool dude :D

 

can't belive I didnt pick that up in the first place :jamie:

 

Thanks for the tip!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.