February 5, 201016 yr comment_411254 hey every one, has anyone else been getn an email in their rollaclub messages from a rolla club memeber sayn that theys "detected" virus activity coming from your computer then says to see the report "insert link" , its a bit sus if you ask me, so if any of you get this i wldnt click the link just to beon the safe side, you never know if these things are real or not. Sliesh Report
February 5, 201016 yr comment_411258 Just delete it. It's not coming from any official source. I'd suggest it's probably a spammer and the link will be malware. Rollaclub does NOT scan you for viruses AT ALL, ever. Do not click any links if you're not expecting them. I'll investigate when I get home. Report
February 5, 201016 yr comment_411260 What's their name? Is it a real member? I suppose it has to be for them to get rollaclub to pass on the email. Someone due for deletion.... Report
February 5, 201016 yr comment_411265 Just a pm spambot. Xandderrman or something like that. I'll strip all the measages from the database as soon as I get a chance. More antispam mods to come by the looks... Report
February 5, 201016 yr comment_411298 Messages goone. Appears the malware sites already been taken offline. If anyone did click it, virus scan now. Report
February 10, 201016 yr comment_412730 I just received this pm from forum member Dersterman. It looks like he is a spammer as he has a zero post count. I suggest everyone blocks him or just delete his account please. Is there any way to block his IP ? This is the PM as follows. "Personal Message Dersterman View Member Profile Add as Friend Send Message Add to PM block list Forward PM Find Member's Topics Find Member's Posts Hello, Today, 07:16 AM Group: New Member Posts: 0 Member No.: 10332 Joined: Yesterday, 09:43 PM Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to scan your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: (removed) Thank you. Forum member. Report
February 10, 201016 yr comment_412731 I just got the dersterman message too. Havent deleted it yet ( in case someone wants to see it ) Cheers Dale Report
February 10, 201016 yr comment_412737 Looks like we go back to my old system of requiring a post before you can use the PM system. My md5 checksum form method apparently didn't work. PMs stripped from the database. Report
February 11, 201016 yr comment_412768 i just got 2 of those Dersterman emails saying he sent me a message. Report
February 11, 201016 yr comment_412803 got one also.. then when i tried to check... i found nothing Report
February 11, 201016 yr comment_412807 got one also.. then when i tried to check... i found nothing Thats because I deleted all of them. Report
February 11, 201016 yr comment_412882 Looks like part of the cause of this little spam spree has been because our upstream antispam data provider has been having network issues. In order to prevent major disruptions, if they go offline the site operates as normal without that data. Unfortunatly in the little bits of downtime they've had in the past week a spambot has managed to slip through on a couple of those occasions. They seem to have the problem sorted so we hopefully shouldn't see any more attacks. Regardless I'm going to diversify our antispam data sources to ensure this doesn't happen again. Report
August 12, 201115 yr comment_546184 Its quite interesting how most people don't realise when you download malaware (keyloggers, RAT's, and trojans) you can quite easily with a bit of learning turn it around and actually become the host so the person who sent it to you actually has it run on their computer with you in control :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now