Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sr20 Ke36

Featured Replies

Cheers Josh. I've got a spare vl diff laying around that I could use and change to disc brake or might get a falcon one. And not sure what i'm doing on the front yet. Main focus is engine in mounted and running before anything else.

 

If they tell me I need to strengthen my chassis I'll go get a cage :P

 

Matt

Hahahaha. Could you engineer it to NSW's Specs, and Register it in NSW, being so close to the border?

 

A VL Diff sounds good, and you could throw on a set of VLT Discs. If you do go ahead with the VL Diff, post up pics and info on the conversion. Might do it to my Van if it's worth it. :yes:

 

You could do a Corona XT130 or AE86 Front Upgrade, and throw on a set of VLT Discs and Hubs for the Front. :)

 

Josh :cool:

  • Replies 196
  • Views 60.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Other than the above previous post, any reason why you are wanting to part with her,   don't seccumb to the non finished project car group

Posted Images

Yeah I could always even put the vl on stands and use the vlt diff outta it lol. But that won't happen.

 

If you look in the thread of my other ke36 there's a fair few pics of fitting vl struts to the ke crossmember. Just gotta find a way to mount the castor arms. Or find ones that'll fit. Just spent like 20min trying to remember what they were called lol

I had a set of ke struts with commo brakes on them and king lows, all it was, was a 5mm or 6mm plate drilled and tapped to hole the commo calipers and re drilled the disk to take rolla pcd! Oh and the wheels bearings had changed too

Would rather go 5 stud then re drill discs

commodore hubs (pre VS i think) bolt/work with XT130 struts.Theres a thread on Toymods somewhere.

 

EDIT: I have a pair of complete rotor/hubs to suit the above. If you do go down that track.

Edited by SLO-030

the was a 38 wagon not long ago with a v8 in it had a orange enginebay yellow exterior, he was running vk i think it was front strut and brake set up

will be good to see what happens with ya front brakes man

Yeah vb-vp are all the same, changed on the vr.

 

And that guy I asked I think twice for pics and more info on how he did it and no reply. Run the ke30 strut top and it all fits in. Vl lca's are about 30mm longer. Just the castor rod connects to the lca different. The ke36 has the 2 bolt setup as you all know. And the vl has the castor rod go through the lca as the thickness of it with a big nut on the other side and runs on a way different angle towards the front mount point. The other option is to try and see if the ke36 lca will mount up all good to the strut, or some sigma lca's if I want the camber lol

will be good to see what happens with ya front brakes man

 

 

Yeah one thing I know is I'll end up needing at least 15" or 16" wheels for the front and at least 14" on the back for clearance.

yeah make sure you keep a minimun size sorta aim for a 15 minimum front and rear, then just change ya wheel widths to suit front guards and diff choice if that makes sense?!

Yeah one thing I know is I'll end up needing at least 15" or 16" wheels for the front and at least 14" on the back for clearance.

Get some VB-VL 14" Stockies for the Back, and some VS SS (VT S-Pac) 16" Mags for the Front. :yes:

 

But PLEASE, Do Not throw on Interceptors! They look absolutely Ugly on KE Rollas, especially KE10s! :)

Edited by ewt

Get some VB-VL 14" Stockies for the Back, and some VS SS (VT S-Pac) 16" Mags for the Front. :no2:

 

But PLEASE, Do throw on Interceptors! FOR MAX SKIDS! :P

 

Stockies fail for anything but skids :P , IMO get a set of challengers and stagger ya offset/width, cause challengers look tough on these ol' wagons :yes:

 

Oh was just thinking about diff choices too, why not go the falcon diff and shorten it, use an el diff as it's already disk over drum handbrake and cable's should be relitively easy to mock up/final fit

 

All you would then have to do is make ya front brakes suit falcon pcd (5x114.3) instead of commo (5x120) :yes: which has been done by rod(curly)

Hey I'm a interceptor lover lol. I've got a set of 16" ve interceptors sitting here freshly painted silver. And a set of 16" Ba interceptors that are almost brand new in silver also.

 

And yeah stud pattern will be whatever I think will be easiest for me to get what I want out of it. If I went falcon, I'd use skyline brakes on the front or auII or newer cause auI and older are shit lol.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.