Ae92 N00b

Members dont see this ad

Just on a personal note, about the best thing you can do with these is cut the muffler off, and thrash the snot out of it...... They love (thrive on) abuse.

Entirely my opinion and likely off topic but it's what I did with mine, and it loved it.....

On a serious note, a cam, appropriately tuned Weber, and a decent exhaust is about as much coin as you'll really want to spend on the old 4AFC, but you could be different to the crowd and make a 4AC screamer, go hard son.....

In that case, straight through side pipe will give it a nice cackle, leave the engine stock, it'll last for ages anyway, if you happen to pop it get another engine and drop it in over a weekend for next to no $$, strip it all out and spend a bit of time, effort and coin on suspension if you're really keen, otherwise, just wring it's neck till it cacks it, fix, rinse, repeat.

Has fun :P

• 1 month later...
Hey gang,

Mate has just got himself a AE92 seca. Its a 16v Twin Cam but the craby model which i beleive is a 4af.

Has any one done any mods to one of these engines?

Induction? Exhuast?

Be keen to see what people have done and your thoughts.

Cheers James

hey mate i have the same car and engine. there isnt really all alot you can do to them like the other guys said on this post. i recently re-kitted my carby and changed the inlet manifold gasket and it goes a fair bit better..

i will be soon getting an exhaust with extractors witch should help out a fair bit more.

on your intake if you look on the left side of the engine bay you will see a sort of a S shaped pipe sitting behind your lights, i found this to be fairly restrictive remove it and throw it away.

Remove your exhaust shield and that HAI (Hot air intake) dosent do shit anyway, when i removed mine it was jammed oped causing the engine to suck in hot air, i have been running mine without it for over 5 months and it dosent need it.

Get some good castrol oil, i run mine on Castrol GTX3 15W40, it loves it.

But don't waste too much money on it, its not anywhere near as powerful as the good old 4A-GE. When the money is good for me i will be converting mine to a 20v Blacktop or Silvertop :bash:

Anywhoos good luck,

Danny

Edited by D4NNYC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...