My 93' Corolla From New Zealand

Kiwi-Corolla

Mate. Spectacular stuff. your attention to detail is outstanding. A prime example of a car any modifier could be proud of without attracting the wrong kind of attention. Good work boss.

Thanks a lot buddy. Makes me happy when people notice the smaller things and can appreciate what goes into a build like this. Simple but effective is my philosophy :happy:. Thanks again mate 143.gif

I installed some TRD spark plug leads today and took a quick photo of the car:

IMG_1570-resized1.jpg

IMG_1587-resized.jpg

IMG_1535-resized1.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Do you have any pics of your CAI routing? I need to move my air filter out of the HOT engine bay!

Great pics as usual! ;)

Thanks mate. Here's some instructions I wrote which explains the entire process on how to make your own CAI:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3259718

And here's a DIY that a member made based on my instructions:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354338

Some close up shots of where the piping is routed can be found in the first link. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Just went and picked this up - An AE101 FX-GT front bumper, complete with the fog lights and turn signals. Won it at auction for a measly $10.50 NZD ($8.20 AUD) :D. I had originally decided against getting one, but at a price that cheap it would have been silly not to get it, lol. I'm going to get it painted and will try it on. If I don't like the look I'll just keep it as a spare or sell it :)

IMG_1605-resized.jpg

IMG_1603-resized.jpg

Looks about on par to your current one... but hey great price! :lol:

Cheers Ken. I've thought about getting one for a long time, but have been on the fence about it because I've always thought that the 'mouth' looked a little too large. So when the opportunity came up to get one at such a great price I jumped at the chance, mainly because I don't have a lot to lose if I end up not liking it. I have something else up my sleeve which should make it look a bit better than OEM too, so fingers crossed that the final outcome is a good one. I'll be sure to post the update pics on here :cool:

Love your attention to detail mate it's a real inspiration to do the little things when building a car!

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. Like the age old saying goes, "it's not the size that matters, it's how you use it that counts", and when it comes to modifying my Corolla I've found that it couldn't be more true. Small things such as number plate surrounds, a subtle pinstripe or a simple front lip can often get overlooked but can make a big difference, and usually turn out being the least expensive mods on the car. My car receives new additions quite regularly, but in the order of the mods I've installed up until now, there's not a thing I'd do differently :happy:

Love your work mate :)

Is it hard for you to get into the mood for spotting the subtle things that will make a difference? You really must have to sit and look at your car for a good hard while, before any inspiration comes along, wouldn't you?

The wheels are what catch my eye the most on the car. I would love to see a thin white wall or red wall. Have you tried adding some in Photoshop?

Edited by seabiscuit

Love your work mate :)

Is it hard for you to get into the mood for spotting the subtle things that will make a difference? You really must have to sit and look at your car for a good hard while, before any inspiration comes along, wouldn't you?

The wheels are what catch my eye the most on the car. I would love to see a thin white wall or red wall. Have you tried adding some in Photoshop?

Thanks mate. I find it relatively easy to spot things that could do with improvement. The more I mod the harder it gets, but so far I haven't found myself having to sit there and think about it :laff:

Hmm, never really thought of adding a thin white or red stripe. Not really my cup of tea. However, in saying that, I've seen a Corolla with a thin red strip around the wheels in the past and it looked good. He had white wheels though and had a lip between the spokes and the outside of the rim, whereas my spokes go right to the outside of the rim. Putting the strip on the tyres on the other hand could be an option, but it's hard to envision without seeing a Photoshop (sadly something I'm not very good at, haha).

Great write up! Are you running a narrower/shorter battery because it's going to be really tight in my engine bay with the stocker and BEAMS.

Thanks. I'm using the same battery as I was before the install, but it's quite small so I guess I just got lucky. There's isn't a whole lot of clearance but it doesn't rub. If worst comes to worst it would be a good incentive to move your battery to the boot :laff:

Bought and installed this today - Rare OEM optional under-dash (floor well) lights. They emit a green glow on both the driver's and passenger's side whenever the door is open, and stay on for about 10-seconds when the door is shut, then fade out. It had it's own control box just like the key light:

IMG_1633-resized.jpg

IMG_1629-resized.jpg

IMG_1627-resized.jpg

IMG_1677-resized-1.jpg

IMG_1679-resized-1.jpg

Just finished installing this - A rare OEM armrest extender (optional extra). It's covered in velour fabric with two slide out compartments either end and still allows you to use the twin storage compartments underneath. It's actually navy blue in colour (the same as my seats) but the flash of the camera made it appear grey. The first two photos are from the original sales brochures:

brochure.jpgbrochure2.jpg

IMG_1712-resized2.jpg

IMG_1709-resized2.jpg

IMG_0018-resized-1.jpg

IMG_0011-resized-1.jpg