Weber 32/36 Dgav On 4k Ke70 Help Needed

rhys2229

Hi i've tried to search for some answers but couldnt find it, i just put a 32/36 weber dgav on my 4k ke70 and it doesnt want to start, i've blocked off the emission hoses and attached what i thought is the dizzy vacuum advance. i've got the fuel connected and the engines turning over but it wont start, its almost there if i fiddle with the accelerator and choke flap.

Also i havnt connected the accelerator cable to the carby yet, how do you do it?

heres somes pics

P3200197.jpg

P3200198.jpg

P3200199.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Hello Anastasie... look how i install the weber in my car..it's so easy a job with the accelerator cable. i use the 4k stock carby things as you see and a bracket plate in valve cover... mine start pretty easy but the carb had been cleaned and had new gasket set...is the carby cleaned? if it has a blocked hole maybe this is the reason...

post-2797-1269075200_thumb.jpg

post-2797-1269075242_thumb.jpg

post-2797-1269075281_thumb.jpg

look at my second post with the 2 pictures...look at the first one of the two... i take a piece οiron plate and fix the bracket...look at this..it takes me 10 minutes to do that..drill 2 hoses to bolt the plate on the valve cover..the valve cover has 2 holes...

remove this bolt that holds this bracket(red arrow) and you will see 2 holes in this place you will screw the iron plate... in my car down of the carby adapter plate i keep the stock carby plate,in order to connect the pipe(blue arrow)...the stock plate also protects the carby bole from temperature...

post-2797-1269102013_thumb.jpg

remove this bolt that holds this bracket(red arrow) and you will see 2 holes in this place you will screw the iron plate... in my car down of the carby adapter plate i keep the stock carby plate,in order to connect the pipe(blue arrow)...the stock plate also protects the carby bole from temperature...

i've got it running, it was the timing at first, i adjusted the mixture and idle screws, cleaned it up with carby cleaner and put on a accelerator cable,

whered you get the pcv breather from? i went to repco and couldnt find anything in that diameter.

and whats the other hose thats ment to go into the carby?

also i have a strange whistling noise coming from somewhere, i sprayed "start ya bastard" around the carby and it doesnt pick up in revs so i'm guessing theres no air leaks.

heres some pics and a video

P3210202.jpg

P3210207.jpg

P3210208.jpg

th_P3210209.jpg

good job mate..only check if with pedal down opens and the second butterfly to it's end...

I got the pcv breather from a car parts store in Greece (the country i am from)..."the other hose thats ment to go into the carby?" you mean the hose that hold i in your hand and you T it? i don't know but i would block it and use only one hose from the distributor to weber...

And about the whistling noise...i think is the weber sound...i hear the same sound.... :-)

maybe the other hose that you T it is for the economy gauge..ke70 i see that have this...mine is ke30...

the hose i'm holding in my hand is the vac advance and the fuel canister thingy that i t'd into, not sure if i'm ment to do that. the hose i ment is the 2nd one of the rocker cover that connects into that spacer on the original carby

you can do two things for this....

1)first of all to use a second breath filter

2)to do what i did...i keep the original carb plate in it's place(connect the pipe of the valve cover) and above that put the weber adapter plate..i use larger studs. i also opened the original carby plate to oval shape as the weber adapter plate..the same thing i did and to my inlet manifold for better breath of the weber.