Zook With 5k Motors Under The Hood

chadd1981

this is a question to the guys out there with the toyota 5k motors in your zooks. i know that there is a few of you out there.

I have a 5k in my zook ute and it doesn't seem to be running right (so i think). what i would like to know is what sort of speed do you get out of it at what revs and what fuel consumption you are getting.

Mine is a 5 speed manual and I am getting approx 15L per 100 (250k's out of a 40L tank) and i am running 31's on 4.1 NT diffs and 1 lt transfer case. i can sit on 100 but it is at almost 3400 RPM.

i just want to compare what you other guys get before i start spending money on something that may be correct.

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate,

I've got a zuk ute aswell but mines a Maruti (indian mate zuk) LWB. Its still currently got the Maruti 1lt in it but will soon be running a 7kc.

3400rpm @ 100kmh doesn't sound too bad at all, but this may be due to your 31's.....and the 5speed. Mines only a 4speed so @ 80kmh I reckon the 1lt would be doing over 4000prm. I can get 100kmh out of it but that would be more like 5000rpm so you don't want to hold it there too long.

As for fuel consumption I'd get about 300km out of the 40lt, so for the sake of having a motor 1.5 times the size and only getting 50km less from the tank I'd again not be too worried.

Hope that helps.

Id put fuel consumption worries directly down to the tyres. Remember, its only 1.5lt's turning 31 inches of rubber and steel.

Mainly in stop/start situations where you need to get them going from a standing start, once your going inetia helps out.