4agze Oversized Crank Pulley & Fmic

Hi All

I'm looking into installing an oversized crank pulley (preferably the 175mm Nevo type) and a frount mount intercooler setup on a 4AGZE ae93.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere where I could get a crank pulley, I found one on ebay in the states but it had the following message: "Timing pointer must be moved outward due to the large pulley size. You must use an idler pulley from a NA 4AGE." Is this the norm for these pulleys or is it just this brand?

If anyone has performed the pulley install i'd really appreciate some info on the difficulty and any other modifications that are required.

Now since I am increasing the crank pulley size I assume the engine bay temp will increase, so is it a good idea to also install a FMIC? The car currently has the stock TMIC but I was planning on going front mount so I could remove the giant bonnet scoop and go for the sleeper look.

The only dram is from what I've read the installation of a front mount kills boost so does the benefits of installing it outweigh the cons?

Also I"ve seen a lot of people use 2nd hand intercoolers such as SW20, VR4, supra etc. Is one of these a good option for a 4AGZE or is there a cheap small ebay intercooler that would do the job better?

Your help on this topic would be most appreciatted so thanks in advance.

Members dont see this ad
well I'm guessing your wanting to run a oversize crank pulley so everything spins faster even the supercharger?

why don't you use a smaller pulley on the supercharger if you wanting more boost?

Have you found a smaller pulley to fit an SC12 and still keep the clutch?

Guess not.

well I'm guessing your wanting to run a oversize crank pulley so everything spins faster even the supercharger?

why don't you use a smaller pulley on the supercharger if you wanting more boost?

A pulley "kit" will provide you with the water pump and tentioner pulley to leave stock rpm of those items

I fitted the NST pulley kit and see 14psi with stock top mount and stock fuel system