Supercharged 4k

Mitch-12

If you take the supercharger route the airconditioning compressor mounting bracket from a lite ace or a ke70 would be a good thing to start looking for, and the sc14 puts out 1500cc of air per revolution, and the sc12 does 1200cc, I hade the 4ke efi, 5k, sc14 and intercooled in my ke20, it was absolutly ausum, go for it, but if you are sticking with the 4k the sc12 is the better one of the two, it is physically smaller also, easier to fit and more room to work around, have fun :P :no2: :(

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blowers are always a temperary mod. Running high end pressure through a motor that doesn't have the bottom end and head work for it will always lead to problems.

If you want a freak motor with massive power from a tiny displacement do the work, spend the money and get it right.

For a reliable top ender just go N/A, big head work, solid bottom end with balance and plenty of fuel with pressure behind it. It will howl like a 9krev banshee and live to do it tomorrow.

The positive behind blowers is the instant rpm boost, which leads to the impound should you choose to unload in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Think about doing 100kph, cresting a hill, dropping 3rd and watching 180kph come around before you casually knock 4th then 5th as you deccelerate in a cackle of fire and brimstone....

who needs a blower....

Blowers are always a temperary mod.

who needs a blower....

What are you smoking mate? A blown engine is always going to make more power

than an n/a engine, regardless of capacity,and for half the amount of money.

What are you smoking mate? A blown engine is always going to make more power

than an n/a engine, regardless of capacity,and for half the amount of money.

Who said NA would make more power than blown? who said it? I certainly didn't.... the problem I am stating- increased wear and tear. <<< Means bye bye engine a lot earlier than the finacial equivelent spent on good pistons and rods with $100 head job on a mill.

Edited by mirage1172

Who said NA would make more power than blown? who said it? I certainly didn't.... the problem I am stating- increased wear and tear. <<< Means bye bye engine a lot earlier than the finacial equivelent spent on good pistons and rods with $100 head job on a mill.

why would there be more wear and tear with a blower?

A high revving n/a engine will wear quicker than its blown equivalant

as you don't have to rev it as hard to make the same power.

and standard cast pistons are a good thing

providing the tune is right and their not seeing any detonation. forged pistons are worth

the money if your starting to push the boundaries

You may not be revving it as hard but the increase in cylinder pressure will more than make up for it in a blown application.

If you spend the same amount on a blown engine as you would an na engine then that's different. If your after a budget blower setup that will be fun for a while go for it, just be prepared to change engines every 6 to 12 months depending on boost pressure, amount driven, engine condition and how you drive it, not to mention the tune.

Still, go for it. It will be a bunch of fun. Once the boost bug bites and you get sick of popping engines then look at building something better! Have a good read through tazrx's thread on his turbo beast, will give you plenty of direction!

JP