Ella's New Daily- Mx36 Cressida Pimp Wagon

Ella

I Pmed Teddy, no reply as yet :wink:

anyways some progress.

i have some hiace steelies here, and got ahold of some rather second hand hubcaps. kinda dirty arent they?

post-1450-1272176279_thumb.jpg

spent a little bit polishing the hubbies, here's how they look now

post-1450-1272176368_thumb.jpg

going to head out soon and put all the rims and hubbies on, will post again when done with piccies :wink:

Members dont see this ad

ok so for some strange fkn reason my jack will only lift the much heavier front end of the car...

so my front hiace rims are on but not the rears...

how is it i can lift the front (under the crossmember) and not the rear (under the diff centre)

like seriously this is shitting me badly, and the rt40 which is much lighter is the same, no lift under the diff but fine under the front

also while moving it i noticed miraculously my tacho has started working!

Edited by Ella

no they arent, id say they are from a hiace, as they fit hiace rims and i got them from douggie who has several hiaces?

I don't suppose any of them are dint free? id be super keen on switching the two busted ones for some with no dings, and your only using them for bolt trays :wink:

nah no leaks from the jack hey its fkn weird.

i don't know anything about jacks to be honest, if anyone reads this and wants to come show me how to fix it id be happy to compensate you for your time, the jack isnt actually mines its borrowed from a member of the family, and i don't wanna return it not working 100%

ok so again on the strange jack front i managed to get the corolla in the air at both ends yesterday so who knows with it... ill try lifting the cressida again soon to get them other two wheels on.

Might have tracked myself down a tail light but waiting till monday to hear back about that one.

In the meantime i have replaced the stock rear speakers with some i had lying about the shed, and wired up a cd head deck. I'm halfway through mounting it all up and dinner was cooked so i left it at that, ill try finish tomorrow.

also i forgot the other thing i have got for it is a bigger transmission cooler.

it was a bit busted up so i scored it pretty cheap. like next to nothing.

had it tested it doesnt leak.

so when i got it home looked like this:

post-1450-1272807675_thumb.jpg

then after a little pateience and time with a fin pick it looked like this:

just need a lick of paint now to finish it off.

post-1450-1272807772_thumb.jpg

then ill be replacing this, its the stock transmission cooler.

post-1450-1272807861_thumb.jpg

and ill probably use that to cool the power steering, there is this loop in the system that goes to the front of the car, but it doesnt do too much, the little cooler will do a much better job.

post-1450-1272808558_thumb.jpg so yeah all things on cooling system fronts should be good.

I'm a little worried about the extra heat causing issues, is it worth putting a thermofan behind the two coolers? will be mounting the two cores together so one fan could cool them both.

mounting them isnt a issue, I'm just worried about the extra heat being not good for the efficiency of the radiator? as we all know the M series motor isnt well known for its cooling system being reliable. also i have a water temp guage here somewhere too I'm gonna use to keep an eye on things.