Jesse'S 71'

Jesseb369

Members dont see this ad

What about flywheel bolts off an ae86 Sprinter or a manual ae82 Corolla.

When I torqued up my flywheel and all I used the torque specs from a Gregorys

manual covering the carby manual 4ac ae82 and I never had any grief with drivability.

Just thought I'd put that in incase you ask for specific ae71 torque specs :)

• 2 weeks later...

I leave for Brisbane today and

Come back on Thursday. Wouldn't mind seeing a car or two. Pm me for me number if your keen. Don't forget I'm 20 and rather immature, rather than being 70 and grumpy. So yeah!

I would love to see Matts Ae71 whilst I'm down there. But yeah cheers aye. Have a good one rollaclubbers!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some tie rods and now after Brisbane it's back to saving for me. Stood on a 4 inch nail today at work :D

I did not know such blood could be produced from a punture! Wowzer it scared me haha!

What's next with the car... Bushes I think, my fourlink is pissing me off. I fixxed my vaccumm leak on the carby... Well it was that front actuator on the carby.. So I took the vaccumm from the manifold and plugged it in. Sweet!

I check all the vaccumm hoses before hand and they didn't have any vaccumm. So someones already disconected the emissions I guess and they have run a t-piece to the dizzy. So all the vaccumm it has is the front actuator and the dizzy. Schveet! I adjusted the valve clearances twice with a friend and timed the dizzy by ear... Whoever had tuned it prior to me had it WAY out. Like way out! It now purrs and revs free-er. I need a new air filter aswel and a new fuel filter aswell as buy clutch master and slave and fit new tierods and get a well deserved wheel alignment! I'd get some pics but I don't have a comp.

There are a lot of and's in the last paragraph.

Good progress on the ae71 Jesse, better to have it driving and handling well before anything else :y:

Just a little info for you, on my ae71 and the majority I saw at wreckers I noticed on the carby side of the head there is a bank of vacuum pipes which run paraell to the firewall. One of those pipes is open to the atmosphere but has no effect on the running of the engine. When I brought the car to have the carby tuned (and sticking choke) I pointed it out to him and after picking it up he never mentioned any possible effects caused by that open line..

Yeah if Its the same clutter of brazed pipes I'm thinking then yes, it's open on mine too. I went around to every pipe with my tounge to feel for suction but nothing ecept dizzy and actutor. Mine has no choke. I removed the butterfly from it because it doesn't get cold and still starts first time everyttime. Thanks for your insight Ben :D your a champ and I love the ae92, good work!