Jesse'S 71'

Jesseb369

Did you get your licence?

Did you balance your tailshaft?

Do not know if you know, but there is a car cruise on tomorrow (Sunday 15th), Meeting at the park near BP Smithfield, then cruising up to Mareeba for lunch via the Mt Molloy range, then back down Kuranda range.

Meet up about 10.30 at the park for 11.00 kick off, all makes and models welcome.

If all goes well I should be there in my old bomb!

All the best

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 months later...

Haven't been upto much here haha, I have ripped off the bump strips but still have the foam sticky stuff on there, sanded back the sudace rust again and hit it with rust converter and primer, welding it soon... Wouldn't mind a hand.

Water pump gasket shat itself on Tuesday so I have bought a new pump. I was

Going to buy a kouki diff but someone else bought it... I am going to get a clutch soon and my four link is farked so I'm getting some nice rose joint bits. I am getting some new tyres soon, cheap and good, any suggestions? On the look out for some cheap 7.5j rims for the front and

Some jdm 86 brakes or something....

• 2 weeks later...

Got me new tyres and they are shocking compared to the grid II's I had on the front.

Got that water pump and got pissed around, it's a front wheel drive one. I just put the old one back on... So it's still leaking like a whore. I bought some universal steering rack boots from super cheap so I'll put them on this weekend.... Might also clean and re-pack my front hub bearings. I went to call an auto store today to price a clutch kit for the 4ac and no one friggen picked up. I also can't seem to pay techno toy tuning through paypal...! Anyone wish to share how they paid??? I need my shiz! Same with waiting fort LED lights from china, it's taking too long :(

Ordered an excedy clutch today, noting fancy... Got me hubs apart and hit the bearings with carby cleaner and then packed them back up and adjusted the play accordingly. Bought a Bosch GT40 coil and the engine seems to run better ...

I tryed to replace the rack boots but I couldn't get the tie rod out of the ankerman arms... Didn't have any crc though :(.... I'm so devistated about that... Because the boots are torn and I couldn't change them.... Gosh.

hitting the tie rod end just makes it impossible to remove it dude as per evans instructions hit the steering arm itself on the end, if the rod doesnt drop out soak it in penetrene or WD spray or something, go have a beer then give it another bash

Edited by Ella

hitting the tie rod end just makes it impossible to remove it dude as per evans instructions hit the steering arm itself on the end, if the rod doesnt drop out soak it in penetrene or WD spray or something, go have a beer then give it another bash

Thats why you fit the nut to the end of the thread, But make sure its more that 1 turn on the thread :yes:

Yeah I was hitting the threaded end with the nut on. I would have hit the rod but I don't want to de-couple the little ball joint. I would hit it if I had replacement arms going on there but I don't yet haha. So I'm gonna soak it for a few days with WD40 and hope that it works.