Is It Possible To Soften Tyres?

Bitumen motorkhanas: about 18 minutes of competition. :blinks:

Dirt Motorkhanas: Never really explored the wear factor here, as usually they went and did a few bitumen events as well, and that was them gone.

Your wear is also going to be dependent upon the track you are using.

For example. About two or three career changes ago, I used to drive for the Holden Precision Drive Team. All our shows were on grass or speedway or trotting tracks.

At Sydney show, I used to replace the rears every 10 days or so. (Two shows a day.) give or take a day.

Rockhampton Show was on a very compacted speedway track. Three days for a pair of rears, Three shows a day. We used to leave black marks on the dirt.

My guess is that you will get quite a number of events out of them before they either go soft, or go off. It also depends on how they're stored. Leave them in the sun while the cars not used, go off quicker. Store in dark dry place, last longer.

Sooooooo many factors to think about.

Edited by Redwarf
spelling, or lack of

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Lachie

GMP racing sell tire softner, The Super Sedan blokes use a 50/50 mix of WD40 and water then glad wrap them for a few days.

I tried the 50/50 mix on some old Kart tyres I had in the shed that had gone hard, I'll be testing them at nyora this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope to CYA at Alex.

Andy

Lachie

GMP racing sell tire softner, The Super Sedan blokes use a 50/50 mix of WD40 and water then glad wrap them for a few days.

I tried the 50/50 mix on some old Kart tyres I had in the shed that had gone hard, I'll be testing them at nyora this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope to CYA at Alex.

Andy

Andy,

The mixture sounds interesting, we'll also try that (before alex). Good luck with at Nyora. See ya then.

-Lachie

Hey mate. you can get actual tyre softener from a shop called Revolution Racegear in Mitcham.

heres the link:

http://www.revolutionracegear.com.au/index...rimary&CDO=

you just paint this stuff on to the tyre and boom soft tyres

Hope that helps...

Thanks mate. Been there a few times but I thought they wouldn't have it....never asked. Have you tried this yourself or know somebody who has?

Cheers

-Lachie

• 4 months later...

Thanks mate. Been there a few times but I thought they wouldn't have it....never asked. Have you tried this yourself or know somebody who has?

Cheers

-Lachie

Hey mate, sorry for the super late reply. But no i've never tried it, i'm sure it would not dissapoint.