Problemo With Ae71 Horn

Jesseb369

Hey all!

As stated in the title, My horn in my Ae71 is not working. I havent pulled it apart and inspected it yet but I was just wondering what you think it could be?

I was thinking either the steering wheel contacts could be corroded orrrrrrrrrrr it could just be the horn assembly itself. Anyone know the average price of a horn anyways?

Cheers!

Members dont see this ad
Hey all!

As stated in the title, My horn in my Ae71 is not working. I havent pulled it apart and inspected it yet but I was just wondering what you think it could be?

I was thinking either the steering wheel contacts could be corroded orrrrrrrrrrr it could just be the horn assembly itself. Anyone know the average price of a horn anyways?

Cheers!

do you have a multimeter?

have you checked the horn fuse?

try putting power to the horn and see if it works?

righto. Ill write these down on a paper. Me car is at a family friends so I'm writing down what i should check before i rip shit apart and get new stuff. Cheers Evan.

if you got a multimeter. hook it up the the leads of the horn and check for continuity when you press the horn button.

but check if the horn works with power to it first and the horn is ok before doing ^^^^

Jokes aside though its more than likely the horn itself is kaput. They do that. Apply a direct connection to the tabs on the horn and see if it makes a pathetic noise or nothing at all.

If it works though, the problem may be the horn relay, the fuse (not likely, because everything else on that circuit is working) the clockspring behind the steering wheel, or the buttons on the wheel itself.