18rg In T18/te72

Members dont see this ad

I could only presume custom engine mounts, although RA40 MIGHT work at a big guess.

And custom gearbox member / checking tunnel clearance as I think a W series box might be bigger.

And seeing if you need a custom tailshaft.

And any wiring you need to do.

any celica that had an 18rc will have all the gear you need.. even the gear box dude..

just gotta get the cross member to fit

what if I just get the cross member from the ra28 ill be getting the engine from?

You need-

Front sump setup

Custom mounts (I had the factory mounts on the crossmember cut off, moved wider and set at the right angle)

modded gearbox crossmember

Change end on driveshaft

Tunnel is big enough for either a W50 or W55 gearbox

I used an 18RGEU and W55 from an RA63 Celica. Since you have a T18 which runs a steering box there are no clearance issues, when I converted to rack the steering shaft wanted to hit the starter so had to move the rack over a little.

Callum

Thanks for the help, I think ill just go 3t/2tg hybrid which will bolt straight in or even carbed 4age.

uber charger + solid bottom end + heaD work = $kid$...

What do you mean by "uber charger"? and I can do the majority of the engine work myself (other than machining of the head and boring), and I get parts at trade price.

and are you trying to say skids as well as it costing alot?? lol.

Edited by 19914afc

Honestly i reckon if you put the t series engine mounts onto the 18rg it might work either way, build a pissed off t series engine and either add boost or not up to you but i have a 2tg head here that needs valve stem guides welded back on inside the head, yours for 50 bucks if your in brisbane