My First Corolla- Seca Sx

4rollaz

Hey fellas,

I just bought my first corolla a few weeks back so i decided to join this website.

Its a 1990 seca sx with the 4age red top engine. picked it up cheap and with a little cleaning and servicing... its come up looking pretty clean i think.

It loves to rev to 7000 easy and will be thinking of modifying it NA no turbos or anything like that..

Its my daily to work. I've just put a new 2 1/4 full exhaust and superlow king springs.

mainly worked on the stereo.

See pictures

Cheers! ooh I'm in south east melbourne so if anyone wants to cruise sometime, let me know..

Chris

post-11286-1276269894_thumb.jpg

post-11286-1276269910_thumb.jpg

post-11286-1276269921_thumb.jpg

post-11286-1276269932_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

thanks guys

I'm also surprised how clean it was when i picked it up!

no leaks, the last owner spent about 3k in the last yr! just wear and tear parts. 222xxx kms on it too :)

Any suggestions on mods for about 2k?

I'm gonna keep this car for awhile so the wife takes the more expensive car!

Edited by 4rollaz

Putting in bigger injectors is the old lazy way of fueling up a standard ECU setup if you're running lean after doing engine mods. The factory 235cc factory injectors won't run out of puff till 200hp, it'll just force you to run an aftermarket when the engine isn't modified enough to warrant one.

My 2c would be extractors and exhaust, port the head and fit a 0.8mm gasket to bump up the compression a touch. Add some adjustable cam gears and get the peak torque where you want it, and spend the rest on some koni's or kyb adjustable shocks.