Holden Nova

Felix

Members dont see this ad

timing belt is intact. i can rock the cam pulley back and forward slightly with a ratchet, taking up the slack in the belt. don't think there is any contact there at all. all the plugs look fine, so no obvious contact there.

the car rolls in neutral. not sure if that would cancel out a rooted box though. wouldn't the torque converter allow me to turn the engine over at least a bit? never really ever had anything to do with autos (or FWDs for that matter) before. all new to me.

i have to wait until the missus gets home so i can push the car back into the shed. my driveway is on a bit of a slope. then i can get under to get to the lower starter bolts to remove it and cancel out a seized/engaged starter.

one thing i have found is a cracked exhaust manifold after removing the heatshield. will have to get another one. is a FWD and a RWD one the same? AFAIK the exhaust manifold patterns at the head are the same on 4acs and 4afes. probably different where the secondary pipes join up.......

the engine from the local wreckers is looking like a good prospect.

Edited by Felix

Apart from that... Ummm... I think 4AFE is like 4AGE, non-interference, so it wouldn't be valves contacting pistons... Dunno. I don't know much about engines. I sure as hell don't know anything about replacing a head gasket :y:

There isnt much difference between the 2 engines at all.

pointlessinfo3.jpg

pointlessinfo2.jpg

and a bit more useless info

pointlessinfo.jpg