Trevallyn, Launceston

xmoht

To my fellow Taswegians, particularly those in the north.

I'm currently looking at a few properties to rent for the next six months in sort of CBD area of Launceston, but there is a place on Trevallyn Rd. I'm looking at as well.

Has anyone here got experience in Trevallyn, what's it like as a suburb? Is it very noisy? How is it getting to town/around?

Members dont see this ad

Its a bit of an upperclass type suburb, hence not real cheap to rent or buy.

Quiet - yes.

Quick commute to town - yes. Though anywhere in launy really is.

The one thing I really don't like about Trevallyn though is the fact its really hilly. For this reason not all houses have garages and the ones that do are small. Driveways are also very steep, so for anybody into working on/playing with cars its not the best suburb.

I know there a couple of rollaclubber that live in Trevallyn, so see what they have to say. :)

Its a bit of an upperclass type suburb, hence not real cheap to rent or buy.

Quiet - yes.

Quick commute to town - yes. Though anywhere in launy really is.

The one thing I really don't like about Trevallyn though is the fact its really hilly. For this reason not all houses have garages and the ones that do are small. Driveways are also very steep, so for anybody into working on/playing with cars its not the best suburb.

I know there a couple of rollaclubber that live in Trevallyn, so see what they have to say. :)

Oh that is fantastic to hear! I was worried it would be a Riverside equivelant of Ravenswood or something. Yeah views from the property look great so I guess I should definitely throw my hat in the ring. The property has a flat concrete bit far car parking which is fortunate, especially considering most CBD places don't even have room for a car.

Thanks for the tip Taz, look forward to getting some more info!

I live in trevallyn! Just near the local shops! Its a pretty nice suburb! But like Si it is hilly! I had to do my engine swap on the street which isn't flat! woo that was fun! haha :)

What is the noise like, are there many yahoo's about?