4age 20v Into Az93r (ae93) Nova

az93rnova

hi all, i now a holden nova az93r, the same as an ae93 with the 7afe 1.8l engine. the car is in quite good condition for 270000 km, as the engine is starting to blow a bit of smoke/ using oil and the manifold is cracked, i would like to replace the ageing 7afe for somethin with more power :) :S so i'm thinking a silvertop 4age 20v as i herd was a fairly easy conversion. How should i go about it? is it much work, i have already got a price on a silvertop 4age 20v halfcut. and where would i go for parts for those engines as they are imported?

Members dont see this ad

No engine swap is easy. I suspect given the large amount of time and money that would be needed to do a 20 valve swap, you would be dissappointed with the result. I personally think a low boost turbo setup on your 7afe (maybe need to be rebuilt?) would be better bang for buck.

No engine swap is easy. I suspect given the large amount of time and money that would be needed to do a 20 valve swap, you would be dissappointed with the result. I personally think a low boost turbo setup on your 7afe (maybe need to be rebuilt?) would be better bang for buck.

o ok thats an idea, if i rebuild the 7afe to keep it reliable with a turbo set up should i use any aftermarket parts like headgasket, bearings, maybe stronger internals? or are the 7afe's already a fairly strong motor? i'm not very familiar with turbo's i'm still an apprentice and is there turbo kits on the market?

it wouldnt be that hard to do though?

you just swap everything over and the wiring should be pretty straight-forward. Considering the price of getting the existing engine out and getting it rebuilt the front cut can be quite affordable for a good power gain.

it wouldnt be that hard to do though?

you just swap everything over and the wiring should be pretty straight-forward. Considering the price of getting the existing engine out and getting it rebuilt the front cut can be quite affordable for a good power gain.

Yes I'm with Sam, super easy as conversions go, especially with a halfcut, you'd have to be a moron to cock it up, especially with rollaclub here to help you a bit.

Well there you go. The 20 valve swap IS a very common one. You would have a lot of help available if you do one. Maybe see if you can go for a ride in one before you make up your mind? 7afe turbo? There was a limited run, Australia only AE 111 (I think) Corolla Sportivo that ran a 7afe turbo setup from the factory, so it definitely can be done. I have heard that replacement parts for this model are hideously expensive, so don't expect to be able to walk into Toyota and just buy turbo bits. There are a couple of guys on here with these cars too. Do the research and either way you will be happier with the result. Peace, Mark

Well there you go. The 20 valve swap IS a very common one. You would have a lot of help available if you do one. Maybe see if you can go for a ride in one before you make up your mind? 7afe turbo? There was a limited run, Australia only AE 111 (I think) Corolla Sportivo that ran a 7afe turbo setup from the factory, so it definitely can be done. I have heard that replacement parts for this model are hideously expensive, so don't expect to be able to walk into Toyota and just buy turbo bits. There are a couple of guys on here with these cars too. Do the research and either way you will be happier with the result. Peace, Mark

yea i'v herd of those 7afe turbo. i will try and test drive a 20 valve corolla then, i woudn't mind test driving a 7afe turbo but their is not many of them around. if i go with the turbo i would probably go aftermarket turbo kit, do you no of anyone who makes those turbo kits?