Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3k Push Rod Lengths

Featured Replies

Found what I think are 4k push rods in a 3k engine of unknown history. this prompted me to pull apart a few other 3k's I have laying around, Now I'm confused.

 

Push Rod 1 Length end to end 186mm and from Lifter to Rocker 182mm. ( suspect 4k)

Push Rod 2 Length end to end 176mm and from Lifter to Rocker 172mm. 3k

Push Rod 3 Length end to end 175mm and from Lifter to Rocker 172mm. 3k

Push Rod 4 Length end to end 172mm and from Lifter to Rocker 169mm. ( suspect early 3k bigport ???? )

Note Also different cups

 

post-8902-1278834527_thumb.jpg

 

Cheers

Andy

  • Author

My guess is the short ones came off a head with the old style valve retainers, but I'm not sure.

 

Andy

  • Author
This is handy... I'm about to do a 5k solid lifter conversion...

 

The different lengths could also be to do with the different rocker post setups. Early alloy ones vs later cast ones.

 

JP

 

 

I've got some spare 3k solid lifters they will need refacing, But you can have them if you want.

CYA

Andy

  • Author
5k lifters have a bigger diametre so you can't use 3k ones for a 5k solid conversion.

 

 

Bugger Thought I could help.

Andy

Whats the difference in longer and shorter push rods??

Does it matter if you use longer ones on the 3K BP?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.