Ae82 16v Seca With Funny Idle

Hi rolla club people.

I have an issue with my Ae82 twin cam seca. Its just started ildling funny. It sort of revs itself, going from about 2000rpm to 2700ish repeatedly. then after about 2 mins of that it drops down to 1000rpm up to 2000 rpm.

its wierd it just goes vroom then backs off then vroom up again on its own, no pedal contact what so ever.

does anyone have any ideas? starting points of investigation?

It did it once while I was going through a bottle o on saturday, then it was ok, now its doing it again today and doesn't seem to want to correct itself anymore.

thanks in advance,

Members dont see this ad

hey mate... common idle hunt issue on a 4AGE...

usually its due to an air lock developing in the throttle body. theres a wax pellet sensor there which controls the cold speed idle.

you need to get rid of the air lock... do this by filling your radiator with a 2l coke bottle taped flush to the rad cap... the extra height of the water willl force the bubble out.

My bet is on a cold start idle valve that's under the throttle being sticky. Get some carby clean and spray it down the holes inside the throttle body and let the motor sit for a while, then start it up and spray it down them as the motor idles. Then give it a little spray of WD or silicone spray once you get it working. I find if I tap my throttle body with breaker bar when this happens it free's up and the revs drop. Alot of people delete these because when the motors old they get unreliable.