My Ae92 - Bucket

Kid-Ae

Ahk, Ill give it a go :) Might actually improve response :)

Hmm, so what would a roadworthy ae82 twinky (even just the 86kw version) set me back? That extra poke in an ae82 really would justify to me the lack of power windows etc :)

Even if you got the ae82 twin cam you'll need to learn how to drive a manual though.

And from a few posts back you mentioned this was a bit of an issue.

Just go for and ae94 or 96 RV or Ultima seca. 1.8, automatic, electric everything(on the ultima anyway) RV is a little more standard but it will suit you a little better.

Members dont see this ad

Good to hear that a few adjustments has bucket running around with more poke.

As with the flickering, does it only happen as the engine is being turned on, or does it happen repeatedly when the car is running? If its the latter, do you have an amp with thick wiring running toward it from the battery?

2.4L pintara sounds decent, though do plenty of research, you may find things which will steer you to or away from those cars.

It's a continual flickering. I've taken amp cable off and it doesn't change anything, is only a small gauge amp cable and the battery is in good condition. Maybe it's the altenator? Flickering lessens slightly as I apply throttle? It's bugging me now to a point where night driving is a pain.

The Pintara seems like a good all-round car for my needs, however I'm still a grand short in liquidity so it may be one of those things I'll be scraping every last cent for.

If the problem is still there with the amp cable removed from the battery, with the battery being good, and the problem getting less pronounced with higher rpm (higher rpm spins the alternator faster)I'm thinking its the alternator too. If the alternators on the 4a-fc are not too hard to access, see if you can borrow a good one and try it in your car.

Update: New alternator in and working a treat :)

Might be buying a pressure washer over the weekend and ill clean the f@$k out of the engine bay to try pinpoint the oil leak.

Tip: Cover your distributor with a plastic bag, after cleaning it'll be that much easier to start! :)

That's if you didnt already know that one! I learned the hard way as not only did I have a water-logged dizzy, I also semi-filled my spark plug valley with water :laff:

Haha, I've got some plastic sheeting to fit over the spark plugs and dizzy :). Anything I can do to make the wash easier? what be the do's and don't's of cleaning an engine?

May paint some stuff tomorrow, if I can be bothered.

Question.. If I put a 4afe head on the 4afc, would I be able to mount the carby back on? I'd do this swap simply so I could put extractors on bucket as the afc head doesn't have any pre-made headers.

Haha, I've got some plastic sheeting to fit over the spark plugs and dizzy :). Anything I can do to make the wash easier? what be the do's and don't's of cleaning an engine?

May paint some stuff tomorrow, if I can be bothered.

Question.. If I put a 4afe head on the 4afc, would I be able to mount the carby back on? I'd do this swap simply so I could put extractors on bucket as the afc head doesn't have any pre-made headers.

I recall reading somewhere about the 4afe head substituting a afc, it may be possible however you'd have to

block up the injector ports to make it possible. Time and money wise its just not worth it, I saw an

add on gumtree in Melb which had an ae92 for sale and under the bonnet on the 4afc was extractors. Its a matter

of looking and you'll find them, OR buying an efi set of extractors, blaking the sensor outlet and welding it in place.

Well, the ke30 I went and saw was worth less than a fart in a jar (smelled like one too!).

Rust in every pillar, sill, arch and panel, was like swiss cheese..

Offered him $50, he laughed and told me I was dreaming.. I pointed out what was wrong with it and he wasn't impressed that i'd spotted all the bog covering the untreated rust holes..

ON THE LOOK OUT FOR A FAIRLY RUST FREE KE COROLLA IN MELBOURNE! :yes:

Still got the alternator and plastics here if needed

Cheers dude :)

NEWS! Deposit paid for a KE30 Corolla 2 Door :) no rust, jellybeans, clean interior. Hopefully pick it up on the weekend :laff:

Commodore battery installed, makes running a little nicer. Cleaned spark plugs, were actually in good condition so it just took a quick wipe to make them like new again.

Hanging out for Saturday to add to the corolla family. Off to the wreckers today to rape a ke55 of some goodies :)

Edit: Grabbed ALL the chrome pieces I needed from the ONLY ke3x/5x at pick-a-part today :laff: All for $25. STOKED!

Edited by ROLLA'BOY
  • Upvote 1