Ratty

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd bet my last dollar it'll be in the pines, either smashed the shit out of or torched. Either way, probably worth going out and having a look. That said, if i find it in the pines, can I have it :lmao: ?

Will keep an eye out for ya, nothing rego'd under $600 in the quokka today.

Cheers,

Dan.

Jamie, did KE36 come out with 3k?

yes, ke36 is of the same model range as ke30 2- and 4-door sedans, and the ke35 2-door hardtop. 3k engine, basic emissions, jap diff, unboltable radiator support panel, sumitomo calipers, little drums, early two-piece dash, etc etc

ke36 is the code for both 4 door wagons (which use 4 door sedan doors) and 2 door panelvans (which use 2 door sedan doors), some panelvans have windows, some have factory sheetmetal

the later model ones are called ke38, and are akin to ke55 4 door sedans and 2 door hardtops. i haven't heard of a ke38 panelvan, only 4 door wagons

i haven't studied them in great detail, but at a guess, i would say 38s have 4k engine, borg warner diff, spaghetti emissions, welded on radiator support, girlock calipers, bigger drums, later one-piece dash, etc etc. all the things that make a ke55

other interesting differences in the ke3x panelvan/wagons include:

rubber floor mat instead of carpet (panelvan only)

factory passenger side mirror

different leaf pack with load-bearing leaf

different rear shocks

4.5 ratio diff center (i think ke36 only)

different floorpan to sedan/hardtop (so exhausts don't bolt across)

4.5 ratio diff center (i think ke36 only)

Hey, that really helps me out hey... I was looking at buying a '81 wagon (presume KE38, did they run the same years as KE55?), so that probably wouldn't have a 4.5 in it, cos BW didn't have a 4.5 diff....

Thanks man.

Cheers SJ... I probably won't bother looking at it now cos A; it wouldn't have a Jap diff, and B; the KE20 I just got has locked 4:3's...

Yeah, Lappy, the KE20 is an ex-speedway racer. Old man got it from a bloke in Augusta for nothing... Its nothing special, but its got a 'cage, seat, harness tank, net and a shitload of other things that save me a bit of time and money...

Heres a pic, but I'll put more up in my build-up page...

edit: Didn't realise that it was 1.55mb still.. thought I resized it... I'll post it later.

Edited by sidewayz1

me and sum noys got a hold of a runnign rolla wagon lic with no gear box for 200, we put a gear box in it painted uit with spray cans blak purple flames , exhaust off the manifold sprayed the side widnows painted the mags lime green and the grill brite pink, its awseum if anhy one wants to race were up for it its onli a 4k but its good fun, we took the bak chairs out and have the intention of building a carolla ute

if any ones got parts or sugestions for the ute give us a yell

I'm lookn for a 5k and a heap of sheet metal to make the backing and tray

because theres 10 of us that own the car we all just pitch in a little so we will pay good money for good stuff.

were also considering running the corollas on a wednesday nite at kwinana its $40 and u need a helmet get back to me if any ones intrestead