[sirolla] - My Ae90

Sirolla

actually its on the 30th of this month. so i'll be able to get them here on time :P

haha, yeh, i'm goin against my mates festiva, i'll give you a run hey :lol:

just found out its gonna cost me $245 to recondition my weber and $120 for the plate and air filter! :cool:

Cool, I pick up the Corolla on Friday (due to delays with finance, grr).

The Festiva you're racing wouldn't happen to be Supertiva from BoostCruising would it? Surely you're Corolla would beat him/her? Should be cool to watch anyway. Hopefully I won't be working and will be able to attend. Hopefully.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep yep, That's Paul from Boost. But he's buying a S1 RX-7 and the Festiva might be off the road because he had some car problems. :cool:

Thanks Felix, I might just take it in the carby shop and let the person do it all, rebuild it, install it, tune it. At least then i won't have to worry about jettin it, etc. (non-experienced person here)

• 1 month later...

Well time for an update. Took my car to Hi-Tech Tuning to get the weber fitted and tuned (yay, on the dyno it goes!)

Rims looks like a distant away, due to Tempe stuffing me around for a month, and might need to save up a bit more to get a different set.

No respray, since wet season has arrived and paint was $800 for 2-pac, exc. someone who i would have to pay to do it in a booth...

Colour coded bumpers was a choice but might or might not get it done now, considering if i want to do it anymore.

And if all goes well, I'm gonna have another crack down Hidden Valley strip, hopefully i can get someone to film this time me doin burnouts :D

Oh yeh, and its This Friday if those of you NTers are going to come down. :(

:( i can't wait til what it will sound like with the current exhaust i got on now :D

Well here's a pic of the Weber installed. Can't see much coz of the air filter but yeh, will get a better pic when i take more time in taking the shot.

post-528-1130462830_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sirolla

haha, and some people have told me Hi-Techs dyno is out by as much as 20kw, plus my idle isn't normal when i have the air-cond running. So i could be running between 52 and 60-something kw at the wheels ;)

Someone down south bring up a proper dyno please? :jamie:

haha, mine's gonna be the blacktop 6sp with LSD and a T3 turbo :D wouldn't that be neat.

Got tint already (35% lowest legal), got low King Springs, getting Rims next week, getting resprayed in a month. So the list you've made have been done :D

Rear SX wing is on the list, but unless i find them at a local wreckers, it'll be a while.

So is it painted yet??? It has been 2 months...I wanna see the new colour

No respray, since wet season has arrived and paint was $800 for 2-pac, exc. someone who i would have to pay to do it in a booth...

So is it painted yet??? It has been 2 months...I wanna see the new colour

nope, couldn't get anyone suitable for the 2-pak job plus it was more than i budgeted for so therefore no respray, unfortunatly, but lucky, cause i've changed my mind to a light grey from the gold cause i've seen a gold one and it looks shithouse, haha.

Hopefully rims will arrive before the motorkhana if tempe pulls their heads out of the backsides and deliver the goods...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...