Interiorlight/clock

Vella

Hey guys, my names joel i am reasonbly new to this group, i drive a stock KE70 no mods cept for the stereo and some dodgy electronic bullshit that kept me busy on the weekends(prior to working non stop for schoolies savings).

I was recently friggin around with the interior light whilst trying to put my alarm in and managned to short it out. Now i have no clock or interior light.

I hav checked the fuse box under the steering wheel and on the battery with no luck and i couldn't be stuffed lookin anywhere else as i don't have any time. does anyone know hwere to look for a fusablelink/fuse that would blow in the event of a short on this circuit.

The wiring diagram traces it back to something called WB but i am amateur so i got no clue what that means can anyone fill me in?

I also have a problem of misfiring/rough on idle, i had the carby rebuilt new leads and plugs and points and condensor and the timing is spot on has anyone had this problem? i took the lead of number three and it had no effect suggesting something related to three? i know u r prob gunna say get a new distributer cap and i will but money is an issue and i was wondering if anyone has had this prob and therefore would know.

Your help would be appreciated

JoeL

Members dont see this ad

Hey these two things happened to me. When i installed my Kenwood Headunit my interor light and clock shorted out. The first thing i did was change all the fuses, this resulted in no change. I went as far as i could chasing wires etc: Still couldnt find the problem. I have come to two conclusions. There is a damaged wire, that is causing the problem or the actual fuse box that holds the fuses may be damaged. I Couldnt fix this problem and I'm trying to find a spare fuse box. When i do i shall let you no how it worked. The next problem was easly fixed.

When i bought my ke70 it had been sitting in a garage for close to a year and at high speeds it used to backfire. follow this list as this worked for me.

Fuel adative (cleans the pipes and carby)

Change spark plugs and leads

Oil filter

Carby Kit and deep clean

Change Oil

Engine Balance and timing

If all this fails do some more homework as maybe a cylinder is stuffed. So take it to a mechanic.

gtnickk :P

• 3 months later...

The fuse for your interior light, clock is behind the kick panel on the right hand side of the door i found this out by tracing the wiring diagram in the gregorys book for a ke70. If the kick panel has not been touched a mean tampared with the should be a white box just pop the lid of and in there a fuses. There is shore to be a stuffed fuse in there.

You can test the fuse bix with a test light. This will tell you if there fuse box is working.

I also have a problem of misfiring/rough on idle, i had the carby rebuilt new leads and plugs and points and condensor and the timing is spot on has anyone had this problem? i took the lead of number three and it had no effect suggesting something related to three? i know u r prob gunna say get a new distributer cap and i will but money is an issue and i was wondering if anyone has had this prob and therefore would know.

Your help would be appreciated

JoeL

ALWAYS change spark plugs, they are the cheapest solution to most problems.

The guy Jero bought his car off said the engine in it was stuffed, he had changed, dizzy cap, rotor button, points, plug leads...BUT NOT THE DAMN PLUGS!!!

And if changing that plug wont work (which it will) then you probably have a burnt out valve.

And if changing that plug wont work (which it will) then you probably have a burnt out valve.

hmm ...

maybe you can help with a valve getting stuck! I've used some oil stabiliser which has decreased the problem by 50% but still occasionally PSSHS almost like a blow off valve (with loss of power) :hammer: ... usually when the motor is cold.

don't mean to hijack the thread, but yeah seems relevant.

Dyzza

Youre a 100% correct Geoff if you have got shit house spark plugs ie, rusted or damaged. Youre engine will run shit house.

he said he got new plugs

rotor button and dizzy cap are all you have left to get before the problem should be gone.

how new are all your new parts?

and if the problem doesnt go it may be compression issues

My bad, he did say he got new plugs.

I reckon it's a valve, he says it only misses at idle, so when revving it is ok, which indicates sticky valves.

mine was shit at idle and smoothed out as soon as u brought the revs up. changed the leads and its all better at idle now. its just more obvious at idle coz it all happens so much slower so you notice it more