September 23, 201016 yr comment_471052 Hey guys, My diff has reached the end of its life, its a borg warner, I'm unsure if u can pull the center out the inspection hatch and bolt a new one in or do you basically need to replace the entire diff. cheers Report
September 23, 201016 yr comment_471070 You need to undo the nut on the end of the pinion shaft (tail shaft input) and then undo the 4 bolts holding the carrier bearing in place and it will or should come out. Edited September 23, 201016 yr by Trev Report
September 23, 201016 yr comment_471071 You need to undo the nut on the end of the pinion shaft (tail shaft input) and then undo the 4 bolts holding the carrier bearing in place and it will or should come out. I don't think he's got that far yet Trev. The info I assume he needs is more along the lines of removing the axles so he can get the whole centre out. :yes: Report
September 23, 201016 yr comment_471072 I don't think he's got that far yet Trev. The info I assume he needs is more along the lines of removing the axles so he can get the whole centre out. :yes: Good point. Report
September 23, 201016 yr Author comment_471084 Nah I'm aware how to get the axles out. I havent messed around with diffs before besides swapping axels. Last time i glanced in when i did my diff oil, theres 1 u bolt either side, i figure you undo those either side and it will come out the inspection hatch, or are they a front loader? My mate just told me then that they werent pressed in pre 90's, so it souds like i will just be as easy to swap the center, should have mentioned in the first place that i was also told theres a chance they could have been pressed in, thats why i was going to swap the entire diff. cheers. Report
September 23, 201016 yr comment_471197 Ah, no not pressed in. One things to be aware of though - as you pull out the cente some shims will fall out. Make sure these go back in the right side on re-assembly. Deffinately come out the back. Only banjos are front loaders and they don't have inspection plates. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now