Any Suggestions On The Best Place To Get Your Head Ported In Adelaide

Members dont see this ad

The guy near me quoted $106p/hr at about 2 1/2 to 4 hrs depending on how far you want to go. I went down to trade tools and bought a die grinder with alloy bit. Cost me $85. I then looked through this PDF (How to build a TRD spec Upright motor!) and worked on the specified area's. My first job was ruff but it'lll cut the mustard...

Edited by GJM85

• 2 weeks later...

Me?

Ok...so I got my head down at Adelaide Cylinder Head, they did a full rebuild and also welded it up and made it "like new" again (cause the heads corrode a fair bit in the water jackets). I installed it on the car and every start up I get a puff of smoke, it's even worse now as it does it as it idles at traffic lights. I was happy with the price that I paid for it, just not that happy that I have to pull the head off again to the the valve stem seals. The original question was about head porting but every little bit of advice helps, everyone that I spoke to said to got to API in Lonsdale and I wish I did now.

Is that clearer?

Not to give Adelaide cylinder heads any bad rep, but I got my head 'rebuilt' there and I the valve guides and the other little thingo's need to be redone, or more probable is that they have to be done for the first time.

5 or 6 years ago they did my head on my big torana. They did a massive amount of work on it and i never had any problems with the heads and i was running a blower on the engine too. My work has send alot of our heads there and there has never been any issues. Maybe yours was a one off.