Whats It Worth Ke10 ?

Cyberpunky

Hi Guys

I am about to put my rolla up for sale(breaks my heart) and have no idea what price I should ask.

I have spent a fortune($20k+) on the old girl and its only because I have suffered an injury I

cannot drive her anymore.

Ok the car was my show car with reg CARAZY(you may have seen her at autosalons or in mags etc). She is a 68 build 69 delivery KE10

I painted the car in PPG Harlequin (blue/purple/green) and have custom made Simmons wheels 15x6 rims all round

I fitted a 3K that has been bored out to 1290cc and balanced. I added a pirhana electronicv ign system, and

have upgraded the alt to a bosch 60 amp continuous alt.

The car has a custom 2" exhaust with extractors. It has Kmac antisway bars front and rear. I have also fitted

a top of range alarm that features paging/lcd remote, including total closure(The car has power windows as well).

I am sure there is more but that gives you a rough idea about thwe car, so I would be really grateful to find out

what you think I could sell her for

I will post up some pics when I get home from work tonite

TIA

Cyberpunky

Members dont see this ad

Hi Guys

I am about to put my rolla up for sale(breaks my heart) and have no idea what price I should ask.

I have spent a fortune($20k+) on the old girl and its only because I have suffered an injury I

cannot drive her anymore.

Ok the car was my show car with reg CARAZY(you may have seen her at autosalons or in mags etc). She is a 68 build 69 delivery KE10

I painted the car in PPG Harlequin (blue/purple/green) and have custom made Simmons wheels 15x6 rims all round

I fitted a 3K that has been bored out to 1290cc and balanced. I added a pirhana electronicv ign system, and

have upgraded the alt to a bosch 60 amp continuous alt.

The car has a custom 2" exhaust with extractors. It has Kmac antisway bars front and rear. I have also fitted

a top of range alarm that features paging/lcd remote, including total closure(The car has power windows as well).

I am sure there is more but that gives you a rough idea about thwe car, so I would be really grateful to find out

what you think I could sell her for

I will post up some pics when I get home from work tonite

TIA

Cyberpunky

Hi Cyberpunky

It's hard to give a value without seeing the car, but from your description I would think this is at the top end of KE10's

I would expect to get $5-8k for her... I know this sounds low when you look at money spent but I haven't heard of a KE10 selling for more than that in Australia in recent times.

I am in the same boat (but not looking to ever sell), will be just over $20k spent when my KE10 is finished but I'd be hard pressed getting more than $5k for her.

I hope this is helpful, best of luck with the sale.

Hi there mate,

Your car has been around for some time has it not? I have a photo somewhere of a Ke10 that meets that exact description.

If your car is a shit hot example, well done, properly painted etc, I would say that the 5000+ might be acheivable. But without meaning to offend, harlequin paint and simmons have long gone the way of the dodo as far as current tastes are concerned.

Particularly with the big surge in jap nostalgia, people are looking at single colour, non metallic, low, classic jap mags, fender mirrors etc. Shit I can't remember any recent cases of cars people are painting in harlequin, and everyone is talking about Longchamps and Starsharks, not FR's.

So long and short, you either sell to the "show car" scene who might pay more, or to the corolla communitybased on the merits of its build; a good quality body can be repainted and the rotor heads will lap up a set of 4x110 simmons.

Definitely don't expect to see the car move quickly.

I never thought I would be selling something I poored so much into, but as I said I due to an injury I have to let her go.

The car has been around for a few years now so would be the one you saw. It has been a few mags and on the news etc when covering autosalon. I was also involved in Car audio competition with the car. I knew when I spent the money it wasn't an *investment*, I just wanted the car to look good.

The car was one of the first in country to be painted with this colour, and although it maybe out of fashion now, I'm told it still looks great but thats neither here nor there. I will post some pics when I get home from work

cheers

sounds like a sad state of affairs.

If you're in no rush to sell it, I would put it up for sale for the 5-8 range. Regardless of condition, cars at these prices don't sell immediately.

A keen buyer will recognise a good well built car and pay the money for it, regardless of the colour.

Hi there mate,

Your car has been around for some time has it not? I have a photo somewhere of a Ke10 that meets that exact description.

If your car is a shit hot example, well done, properly painted etc, I would say that the 5000+ might be acheivable. But without meaning to offend, harlequin paint and simmons have long gone the way of the dodo as far as current tastes are concerned.

Particularly with the big surge in jap nostalgia, people are looking at single colour, non metallic, low, classic jap mags, fender mirrors etc. Shit I can't remember any recent cases of cars people are painting in harlequin, and everyone is talking about Longchamps and Starsharks, not FR's.

So long and short, you either sell to the "show car" scene who might pay more, or to the corolla communitybased on the merits of its build; a good quality body can be repainted and the rotor heads will lap up a set of 4x110 simmons.

Definitely don't expect to see the car move quickly.

Totally agree, its the old skool original examples that fetch the bigger dollars. Recently the red KE10 that was advertised in Unique Cars was sold for $8000, pretty much all original apart from a recent exterior quality repaint. I've had numerous offers over 10k for my white with green racing stipes KE11.

If the cars as good as it sounds i think its value is around $8000-$10,000. Lets face it, it'll be a lot of car for that. Nothing to do but wash and enjoy, not a project that you'll get sick of and spend way too much money on. Its not my cup of tea but i'm sure it will be someone's.