Hey Guys

st.nick

Well isn't there quite a Corolla tuning scene in Tassie!!

Crazy...

I've owned no less than 6 KE3Xs over the past 8 years (and a KE15 sprinter), all starting out with my one-owner '75 2dr sedan. She's had a long life, and needs some serious love (I learnt to drive in the old beast), but I still have her!! Beautiful old car!!

I also had a KE36 van with a worked 3t-c which was an evil beast, and have a stripped out one-owner KE30 which was gonna be a rallycar, but I'm not building it anymore (anyone want a straight, complete shell??). Ive also had several wrecks for bits and pieces, and have shit loads of parts...

I recently acquired another KE36, and am trying to source a 2 or 3 T-g and box. Hmmm.... easier said than done!! :down: Anyone who knows of, or has one lying around, PM or email me, and we'll try and work something out.

See you out there, and keep perfecting the artform...

Ciao,

Nick

Members dont see this ad

wow, one owner two-door, sounds nice :down:

i may be hunting for ke36 parts in the near future

everyone'd going to ask you for pics you know :D

welcome aboard! :P

there is also jonny rochester in tasmania

haven't heard from him for a while tho, here's his webpage

http://www.geocities.com/jonnyr_1973/

smoKE3.jpg

Stock KE30 could still make its own clouds...

Mvc-009f.jpg

My tidy old KE36, with worked 3T-C, extra leaf, Gabriel Black shocks. I upgraded front brakes and suspension (fixed errors made by previous owner). This thig was seriously evil!! She died a sad death when I barrel-rolled her in the forest. Damage was minimal, but it tore the front left rail and wheel arch away from the firewall... Kaputski!! sob

corolla1199.jpg

The old girl at her best... She looks no where near as good now, and with a rapidly disintergrating chassis rail, she's not too well :down:

ONEDAY... I'll give her all the attention she needs, and get her back to her respectable best.

Will pull my finger out and get some more pics of the cars online here... Including "Project 36" :P

Hi St.Nick,

I'm a member here and I live in Launnie, I have a Bamboo 1973 ke20 corolla 3k sedan with superlites, pacemaker extractors, bigport head, Weber carby, 5 speed and Pedders lowered suspension. Also I have a yellow 1979 ke55 corolla sedan which is my work car. By the way, were abouts in Tassie do you live.

I'm in Devonport.

I have the orange 75 2dr (see above), a KE36 panelvan (which is currently getting the things needed to register it), and a KE30 4dr which is in the backyard under a tarp, completely stripped to be a rallycar. The shell is straight and is ready to be seamwelded. Its 100% complete.... Anyone want it?? or bits of it?? let me know

• 1 month later...

*UPDATE*

I layed in the driveway today for 5 hours, in the f**king rain, changing engines in P:36. Hired an engine crane from Coates (used to be Wreckair) for $35, so I had to do the swap regardless of weather... :(

Swapped in a 4k. Unsure of its history... apparently it was rebuilt a few years ago. The rear-main leaks a bit I think (coz it was a shocking mess), but it turns over, and was running when the Rallycar Project arrived in my life. Couldn't get it to fire... I don't think I've wired it up properly. :D

Will have a look tomorrow...

Decided to put off the head swap just for now... Get it going rego'd and all sorted first ;)

Can't wait to drive it with the suspension mods.

Probably already all seen these pics, but I thought I should post them in my Project thread too...

post-846-1130829151_thumb.jpg

This is the 4k that I installed. Nice and clean after a big degreaser session!!

post-846-1130829262_thumb.jpg

Added a thermo Fan to get rid of the one off the engine (apparently frees up a few more Horsies). Don't know how I managed to get this thermo, but I think it is off a Magna.

Fits nicely, and I hope it will work efficiently.

post-846-1130829512_thumb.jpg

This was today... Fitted the 4 Narva lamps that were off my old 323 rallycar. You will all be able recognise me from a distance out on the road :jamie: May have to consider upgrading the alternator... ;)

lol. a 60A xf falcon alternator fits into a corolla bosch housing, you just need longer stator bolts, and a few washers in the bracket to compensate for the extra length. use a sigma alternator pulley to underdrive if you're pulling big revs

Will it need the underdrive pulley?? I can't imagine that I'll be pulling more than 6000 rpm.... ever!!

• 1 month later...