Ke20 Extractors - What Brand To Buy

dale72ke20

Hi All,

I'm about to buy some new extractors for a 5k i have in a ke20.

Currently running the sprinter twin outlet cast header with what i think is about a 1.75 inch system with a straight through muffler.

Weber's ( Thinking 40mm twins ) on their way possibly so it looks like exhaust time as my manifold ( from memory, it was a long time ago ) has the hole in the centre of it opening up onto the bottom of the inlet manifold.

Mild 5k, can't remember cam grind ( it was 19 years ago after all ) , ports in head were opened up a bit, valves redone, engine had a balance / blueprint etc, nothing hardcore at all.

Vehicle will just be a weekend toy, still not sure if i'll register it or just use it as a sprint / hillclimb / autokarna toy.

So, what extractors do i buy ??

I was looking at Genie , but are there any others I should consider ( and why ) ???

Cheers,

Dale

Members dont see this ad

Anyone got a price on some?

I scored a brand new set off Ebay for 120 bucks delivered, someone had purchased and never used. I think they're closer to the 250 mark new from HM.

Whats the fitment like ?

Des, fitment is spot on, KE10's have tight space and I had absolutely no trouble missing the floorpan, idler arm, steering arm and gearbox crossmember.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ended up with a set of Hurricane Headers.

Purchased from Best Muffler in Sydney for $235.

$25 in freight saw them to me in melbourne in less than 24 hours.

I found them on the web, but rang as directed on the site due to interstate shipping ( to confirm shipping price )

Fantastic service, they even rang me back with a shipping number so I could track the delivery if i wanted.

http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ke20&osCsid=4d8f0de005c7b67e296ecff675188d04

They are press bent, but with 1 3/8 primaries ( even allowing for some restriction in bends ) going into a 2 inch outlet I can't see it being much of a problem.

Will fit them up this weekend.

Cheers,

Dale

Hi All,

Ended up with a set of Hurricane Headers.

Purchased from Best Muffler in Sydney for $235.

$25 in freight saw them to me in melbourne in less than 24 hours.

I found them on the web, but rang as directed on the site due to interstate shipping ( to confirm shipping price )

Fantastic service, they even rang me back with a shipping number so I could track the delivery if i wanted.

http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ke20&osCsid=4d8f0de005c7b67e296ecff675188d04

They are press bent, but with 1 3/8 primaries ( even allowing for some restriction in bends ) going into a 2 inch outlet I can't see it being much of a problem.

Will fit them up this weekend.

Cheers,

Dale

This is the brand I bought for my KE20. They seem to be alright the exhaust guy had no issues with them fitting around all the steering gear etc.