Hi Imp. Injectors And Low Imp. Injectors... Problem Inside

roids70

hey guys, I'm thinking there may be someone on this site that is going to be able to give me an answer, cause i can't find anyone elsewere

ok so i have my 88 st165 ecu and ive got my car 88 st162, now from looking at whats going on with diagrams and stuff i found out that the gt4 ecu comtrolls low imp injectors that run at about 1.9 ohms, and my car now runs hi imp at about 13.0 ohms, i also have 550cc injectors that are hi imp from an rx7 that run at 13. ohms, now is it possible for hi imp injectors to run on a gt4 ecu without using the resistor pack that is in situe with the gt4 ecu? does this resistor pack make it look like the standar injectors are hi imp, or do they have a make the voltage drop that goes to the injectors,

so quite clearly what I'm trying to say can hi imp injectors run on an ecu that was designed for low imp???

Cheers Sean

Members dont see this ad

You can, but you'll have to open up the ecu and bypass the built in resistor that drops the voltage to an acceptable level for the low impedance injectors, but if the resister pack is external you can just cut it off and bridge the inputs and outputs to allow full voltage to the injectors.

yes the pack is external on the st165 gt4's cause I'm using my 162 loom i could just keep it how the 162 injectors are wired

or would i still need to put other resistors in to make it equal to what the ecu used too see

Edited by roids70