Ke38 Engine Conversion

Joyno92

Hi all first post here before I'm new to Toyota's only ever rebuilt holden motors and not very up with this EFI.

To get started a few weeks back i was given a corolla ke38 pretty sure thats what it is anyways. I'm planing on converting it to a 4age or ca18det what would u recommend. I haven't got much idea as to what i will be needing for the wiring side of things like ECU etc. i thought it would make things a lot easier if i could find a half cut or something. from what i know it has a 4k engine with a 4 speed manual box. I know i haven't got all the details but if anyone could help me out a little bit it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

Gavin.

post-12477-012610600 1292253783_thumb.jpg

post-12477-050043200 1292253212_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

there are alot of cars which have copped ca's on this forum mate, if ya do a little bit of searching you will find what you seek, if not

start by going into the rides part of the forum, type in ca and see what you find, same with 4age

haha ADM bar, classic

Welcome to Toyota, nice lookin wagon you got mate

Try either a 3RZ 2.7L with a Turbo, being a Holden man try a Rodeo 2.6

You can put any engine in their, what are you wanting to do the conversion for? location helps also

ha ha yeah the bull bar certain added country style to it. it also had the big old visor over the windscreen but i took it of when i drove it home cause i couldn't see ha ha actually i still have both those if you want them lol. I'm sure u don't but hey i'll put that out there anyways!

sorry everyone I'v been on Christmas holidays so i havent had the chance to update the info on my post but i actually sold it just the other week for $500 as is cause i just didnt have the time for it and my HR ute and my HG monaro projects all at once and id like to get the HR finished asap.

thanks for all the suggestions guys.