New Colour For The Kesev

Macca k

ok, as the sale of my 70 is going nowhere and rust needs repairing ive decided I'm going to use my time off for good, plans are the take it back to metal repair/remove rust and prime/respray

what sorta sandpaper and materials do people recommend, the car has had a closed door respray over the top of the old paint :/ so it may require alot more "work" lol

here are my ideas for colour

try to respray it the same?

post-8119-079076600 1292733721_thumb.jpg

a nice black on black like reed's?

post-8119-095542200 1292733783_thumb.jpg

or a silver with black bits? (this is the silver id want, but with black bits and no decals) :)

post-8119-073266000 1292733839_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I use paint stripper and a tungsten scraper if I have to go back to metal. That's the Linbide type scraper you pull towards yourself, not the paint scrapers you push away.

You'll need a couple of sheets each of 180, 220, & 360 sandpaper in 'wet and dry,' the black sandpaper, used with a spot of detergent in the water. After undercoat use 400 & 600 grit. Use a rubbing block, either a solid rubber one or cork. Nowadays you can get really nice foam fittings for drills etc that have grit built in instead of sandpapers.

If I was doing it I'd get it all up to undercoat and then get a spraypainting shop to topcoat it. Faster and a better job, and if you have done all the labour it won't be too expensive.

Go for the original colour to save all the inside boot/inside doors/underbonnet cheapness or go that silver. The black look is kack and so 90's now.