Bolt On Flares On A 2 Door Ke20

greatskinz

hi guys, i got a ke20 2 door project, and have been saving up reference pictures for quite a while now

i've always fancied bolt on flares and how sweet they look on ke25's and te27's

here's the dilemma, ive been thinking of putting a set of bolt on flares on my ke20, from the images that ive acquired online, its very rare that flares are put on ke20's, the ke20's on old toyota brochures are never with them, and here in the philippines, this type of corolla is very rare, and i haven't spoken to anyone here who could give a straight up advice on whether or not i should push through with it

i hope someone here could enlighten me, or could post images of their ke20's with bolt on flares

thanks rollaclub, i appreciate it

Members dont see this ad

My car looked the goods with them. But i haven't seem many other KE20's that can pull of flares. Due to their shape their not naturally a sporty car, I've never liked them the same colour as the car. The only reason mine looked good was because they were black.

Troy

IMG_9004.jpg

IMG_8836.jpg

IMG_8878.jpg

Edited by RA28GT

damn troy that is one of the best ke20's ive ever seen, but yeah i agree, i just posted this up coz its been puzzling me for quite a long time, its not that its been written about te27's, just that flares are more common on those cars. these tires with white walls. can they still be easily found in australia? coz those look really sweet

Yes much more common on TE27's, suits the shape a little nicer. Doesn't mean it can't be done on a KE20, and they are defiantly period correct.

The whitewalls are 'painted' on the tires. Someone grinds a minor amount from the sidewall then paints liquid rubber on the tire. Quite common over here, although most have them on standard wheels.