Steering Box For Ke11

evayuching

Members dont see this ad

Hello,

Just add soem info to this.

If you do find a KE1X steering box be ware there are 2 types. Will not interchange. It is to do with length of shaft from steering wheel to the box.

Also I went looking for bearings to replace them once. Found one $60. The other one was about $300 from over seas. Was an odd made for Toyota bearign I think.

Id stick with Philbey idea and use KE2X box. Can still get NOS parts for them and i will probably do this also one day.

Cameron

Hi,

I belive difference is between the early dash and later dash.

Also some have a metal cover others are aluminium cover internally some parts have a different part number indicating their different some how not sure my self but I think Toyota refined the KE1X steering a lot over the years they made it so takes a few KE1X steering boxes to make one good one..LOL

Cheers

Cameron

P.S. On the tie rod tubes I have looked no part number change between fine to course thread in Toyota books so they changed it over night and didn't up date the system so interesting.

G'day. I'll be picking up my Ke11 within a matter of weeks and have no use for the factory front suspension with my Plans.

So if you're still clutching at strawers then Pm me and we'll work something out. I'm in Tasmania but have no problem posting.

Cheers

- Jono :)