Rollaclub Cruise & Motorkhana - 19th November 2005

ancullen

PEOPLE WHO HAVE STATED INTEREST IN JOINING NEXT CRUISE

Styx (White AE92 Hatch)

Craig (non-member, Blue/Undercoat AE82 Hatch)

Craig's Mate (non-member, Maroon EP95R Starlet 3-Door)

deeone (Maroon R32 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Coupe)

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS

ancullen (Black ZZE122R Seca)

sirolla (White AE92 Hatch)

Nathan & Brent (non-members, Green Holden Barina 5-Door)

Roller (BoostCruising member, White Datsun 1200 Coupe)

Salad Fingers (BoostCruising member, AE86)

Ella (BoostCruising member, Hyundai Accent Hatch)

DRdb (Red AE93 Seca)

Supertiva (BoostCruising member, Ford Festiva)

Laura & Tony (non-members, White AE93 Seca)

Anthony (non-member, Blue LC Torana)

WRCVR4 (BoostCruising member, Black Mitsubishi Galant VR4)

efteoh (BoostCruising member, Black R33 Skyline GTR - GODZILLA!!!)

Chris (non-member, Metallic Shit-Coloured AE71 Sedan)

Mark & Jo (non-members, Silver Proton Gen2 or White VN V8 Berlina Wagon [depends if Berlina's sold or not])

Alisson (non-member, Red EP95R Starlet 3-Door [depends if she has to work or not])

2004 Camry Sportivo - Can't remember driver's name

Norman (non-member, 2ZZ-GE Lotus Exige)

zmit (Tim, Blue AE82 Hatch)

zmit's Friend (non-member, White AE82 Hatch)

REVISED CRUISE ROUTE

Leave Mindil Beach at 12.00 (lunch time)

Drive up Gilruth Ave

Turn right onto Goyder Rd

Turn left onto Stuart Highway

Follow Stuart Highway past Noonamah to Hughes WWII Airstrip.

Edited by ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had the idea of the treasure hunt option. I don't think many will go for it, but it's an option, so I listed it. Come on guys, give me some feedback. We've only had one person vote in the poll, and I want all Darwin-ites to give me an idea of their preferred option (I'm not voting).

Okay, I think it's time to set a date for the next cruise. Saturday the 19th or 26th of November. Which suits you guys better? I want at least ten cars this time dammit. And are we going to go go-karting afterwards, or are the majority of you guys not interested? Need some feedback soon, otherwise we'll have to cancel. If we're going to be conducting some sort of event to follow the cruise, we'll need to book soonish.

The treasure hunt is an awesome idea, but might not do us proud on the fuel tho, lol.

I reckon go-karting is the option, i've only been there once and came last overall :( drifting is mad in go-karts =)

umm, 19th should be good for me. I think i can get that Saturday off work.

I was sort of hoping that no-one would go for the go-karting idea as I sucked at them so much. But I've heard you're not much chop at bowling (I read Boost).

Spread the word to others about planning for the cruise to see if the 19th suits them also. I might do up some flyers and leave them at Autobarn and Supercheap.

We now have twelve confirmed cars, with five other possibles who haven't been informed yet or who haven't yet committed. The motorkhana has now officially won as the preferred after-cruise activity as most of the people who have signed up to do the cruise are doing it for the motorkhana. I cannot wait for the 19th of November!!! =) :( ;)

EDIT: Oops, it's actually thirteen cars as I keep forgetting to add Chris with the AE71. I've known for a while that he was coming, I just kept forgetting.

Edited by ancullen

16 confirmed entries, at least four other possibilities. I just hadn't done another post, all I did was update the list in the first post.

Also, as I'm not allowed to take the new Corolla in any sort of racing event (not even the off-street meet drags WTF sob ), I might drag Lola down on a trailer and take her on the motorkhana. Maybe.

We now have the new addition of Norman, who races the orange Lotus Exige at Hidden Valley who says he's very interested in coming on the motorkhana. Of course, I won't be bringing Lola along on the motorkhana now due to breaking her diff, but at least something good came from Sunday.

hey guys, I'm tim, i own the blue AE82 rolla round darwin, i noticed sirolla drive past me about a week ago. I'm interested in the motorkhana as well, me and a mate are both in NAMSC and both have AE82s, hes got a white liftback. just wondering what the motorkhana is.... we'll be coming along to the cruise too, so you can add two more onto that list :)

Welcome Tim. The motorkhana will be some short courses setup up with witches hats on the old WWII airstrip. This means that there will be some dirt, gravel, and some solid bitumen to drive on. You simply drive your car around the witches hats in the pattern that will be shown to you in the maps I will have on hand. How hard you want to push is entirely up to you, with many people opting to do handbrake turns around witches hats. You generally don't get out of first gear for the whole course.

You may want to take a set of thrash tyres with you for the motorkhana, as it is very easy to rip the tread from your tyres if you decide to push hard. However it is up to you how hard you push, and I have seen extremely quick times attained by people taking it easy rather than trying too hard and stuffing up. At this point I should mention that anyone that hits a witches hat or goes the wrong way around a witches hat will receive a two-second penalty on their time. The person with the quickest time wins, and I may organise some prizes for quickest times, but these will most likely be the traditional RollaClub prize for doing anything - a bag of Minties :).

Can't wait to meet you on the 19th. I plan for everyone to leave the wharf carpark at 12, 12.30 at the latest, so it would be a good idea to be there at about 11.30am.

Adam

BTW, spread the word to anyone you know who's interested in cars (preferably Corollas, but we're not picky) as they'd be welcome to join RollaClub or simply join us on the cruise. The more the merrier.