Rollaclub Cruise & Motorkhana - 19th November 2005

ancullen

I thought that was you too, should wave me down next time you see me :) Good to hear your joining in the cruise, this is gonna be sweet.

I'll ask my bro if he wants to take his vitara for a run. :(

Also, so you've mentioned, i might want to pick up those 15s and get some tyres in case i pop the tyres on my 13s out while tryin...:)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the welcome guys, ive got another mate with a rolla but he's not interested :) too bad for him. don't know if I'm gonna enter the motorkhana, but it'll be worth havin a look :) is this combined with the NAMSC one? cos they have one on the same day same place but starting much earlier...

No, the NAMSC one is this Sunday, ours is the Sunday after. I know that for certain because I'm planning a piss-up for this Saturday night and one of my guests wants to start and finish drinking early so he can go on the motorkhana the next morning so he can get in some practice for the RollaClub one. Having seen him drive I know that he needs it! :)

I have just been informed of works taking place at Stokes Hill Wharf, and have changed the location of the start of the cruise as a result. Please post a message here to let me know that you have read the changes. Also, please notify everyone that you know to be coming on the cruise of the new route.

REVISED CRUISE ROUTE:

Leave Mindil Beach at 12.00 (lunch time)

Drive up Gilruth Ave

Turn right onto Goyder Rd

Turn left onto Stuart Highway

Follow Stuart Highway past Noonamah to Hughes WWII Airstrip.

This doesn't really change the length of the cruise, and if anything it makes it ever so slightly shorter. I'll see you all at Mindil Beach sometime between 11am and 12. I'll be there from 11 if you feel like turning up early to chat or whatever.

BTW, Daven, I don't really want to put those wheels in the back of my new Corolla (so I'm picky), and there won't be space in the Starlet. Are you able to wait for them, or can you pick them up from my house sometime before the cruise?

Looks like we'll miss cruising through town, but with as many as 20 cars at once and getting stopped by red lights, i think its better. thumbsup.

If you want i can come pass anytime before the cruise (tomorrow if i can will sms you) so i can grab the tyres.

No worries.

I'll assume that when you said tyres, you meant wheels. I've got 15-inch wheels, but not tyres. I do have a spare set of 14-inch wheels (same stud pattern as 15's) and I have some 14-inch tyres if you want them, but they'll cost you. Tyres still have well and truly enough tread to be road-legal, would probably last you six months minimum, but depends on how you're driving them :).

Welcome Killswitch. Will you be cruising as well, or just coming to view the motorkhana?

As for participants in the cruise & motorkhana, at last count we should have twenty-two (22) cars coming! If Killswitch decides to come, that'll be 23, plus I'm about to go and call someone, and if they're interested they may bring their friend and it could take us up to 25 cars!!! :D This cruise has gone well beyond what I had hoped to expect, and even if we only get half the participants that have said they'll come, we'll still be doing pretty well.

Only a few days to go - everyone ready to wiggle???

I've kind of lost count of the number of cars meant to be coming with so many extras saying yes while I'm out and about and a couple of people pulling out. I'm pretty sure the count is at about 25 cars. I will only be bringing the Corolla, not the Starlet as well, as I took the Starlet on a motorkhana this weekend and I'm getting a bit worried about the way she's driving, so I'll be doing some work on her in the not-too-distant future. At least Godzilla doesn't have to worry about copping another thrashing now. :lolcry:

hey guys, news of the cruise has been goin around and ive got another friend who could be bringing the hypo gemini down.... and possibly a few more, but don't quote me on that. and also, sirolla, me and my mate have been seeing u drivin around moil, do u work there or sumthing? we were in the csc carpark one time wen u drove past and we decided to try and find ya, but we lost ya. :lolcry: oh well, we'll see u all at mindil

Me in Moil? Must've been Saturday as I was driving around doing some odd jobs. I'm a Palmo boy, live and work in Palmerston. It's pretty funny, because I'd been driving around that day wondering if anyone could notice the chrome stickers. I was thinking they don't stand out enough, but I'm not going to change them or anything.

As to the guy with Hypo Gemini, he was at the motorkhana on Sunday just gone, and I asked him along. It's amazing how small Darwin is, I know of someone you know, etc.

I should be down at Mindil from 11am onwards. I have promised to help a guy install a stereo first thing in the morning though, but if it looks like we're not going to have enough time to finish it, we'll just jump in our cars and make a move. Hope to see you guys down there from around 11. It should be good to chat and check out cars, etc.

Hey Zmit, yeh i do, haha, i've had internet problems for the last couple of days so i couldn't log on earilier...

I'm not sure if i can bring a cameraman on the way or letalone a video camera, but i'll find out for sure tomorrow. Make sure someone else has one backed up.

Can't wait! :lolcry:

lol, yeah ancullen, i met up with sirolla at moil. thats who i saw there.

I know Alex newman thats how i knew bout hypo, he goes to csc so he may come along as well. he used to own hypo as a clubsport 16 car. as for myself... I'm one of em too :jamie: lol...

my mate isn't coming on the cruise but he will meet us from howard springs onwards. ill just msg him wen were at palmo...