Toyota Ct20 Turbo

Nitephyre

Members dont see this ad

A fairly respectable turbocharger by most standards although it has been used and trimmed accordingly on a swag of aplications.

The top pic would be to get a nice 7M one they have a pretty fair compressor from memory nearly 3 inch entry and 2 inch outlet , they use a watercooled core but don't use a split pulse exhaust housing. possibly good for 300 odd hp.

The 3S model although it has a split pulse exhaust housing is'nt as large upfront , it would definately spool a whole lot quicker than the 7M turbo but would run out of puff a whole lot sooner , possibly still good for around 250hp.

These turbos were used in a few other applications although i assume the one you are looking at would be from one of the engines mentioned above.

All in all these are a nice enough turbocharger , the 7M model being a worthy upgrade over a wide range of other factory turbos.

Cheers , DyNo.

Sorry, i've realise i made a boo-boo.. the one i'm looking at is a CT20.

I thought if i could get it for a decent price (which it is at the moment) then I might be persuaded to try out as part of my final plan i think i've devised for the Rollavan, well this week anyway :unsure:

btw, if anyone knows of any Tercel drivetrain parts on the cheap, let me know... =)

damnit, i may aswell have said corolla 4wd too :unsure:

poop hehe =)

there doesn't seem to be much info on them around on our Tercel anyway :y:

don't worry, i'd REALLY like to use a whole Subaru drivetrain, motor included, but y'know... :(

anyway, that aside.. i WAS reading that alot of people seem to think the CT20 is old, antiquated and not worth using anyway so yeah.. any more info/opinions would be nice =)

cheers

Edited by NiteP]-[yRe

-[yRe,Oct 11 2005, 07:56 AM]

anyway, that aside.. i WAS reading that alot of people seem to think the CT20 is old, antiquated and not worth using anyway so yeah.. any more info/opinions would be nice :unsure:

cheers

CT20's are off the 3tgte. They're old, and being toyotas first turbo for production car, not that great. Slow to spool, and not that much flow. Honestly I think you'd be better off with a later designed turbo. The T25 which Nick is using would fit the bill nicely.