Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mumbleweed - Ra60 Celica - Full Respray..again

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks Garnett :)

 

I had a full photo shoot done and not one pic was able to show how much pearl is on this thing. Mick at Perth Smash Repair really outdid himself on this one!

 

I managed to remove the b-pillar trim from the donor car without damaging so once the new pillar badges arrive I can put them on.

Now I just need to figure out how to remove the bottom trim of the rear side windows and I'll swap them over.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 92.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 67Rolla-Ken
    67Rolla-Ken

    She's alive again!   Thanks to a trusty local mobile mechanic :blush:   Turns out there's a little bypass hose up under there, that had blown. New hose fitted, no harm done!

18RG!!! DO IT!

  • Author

I have considered it... decided to leave her for now. If we do ever bother with a heart transplant it will most likely be a 2J ;)

  • 1 year later...
  • Author

So Mumbleweed had a bad day.

Last weekend we replaced the rad, water pump and thermostat. I wanted to change the hoses but the top hose doesn't exist and the bottom hose is listed wrong (this is with every parts place in WA...Toyota can order from Japan but that will take weeks and will probably still be wrong).

 

She overheated this morning and started to steam. I pulled over and turned her off, after a minute or so she dumped all her coolant. I was expecting one of the hoses to go so I wasn't overly surprised. I left her and got a cab into work.

 

After work I grabbed some emergency repair tape for the hose and got a lift back to her. We checked the hoses and they were fine. So we topped her up and started her. She's leaking from somewhere under the intake manifold and behind the oil filter but it's hard to see up there.

I limped her home with the radiator cap loose, she went ok, leaking but not too bad without pressure.

 

Does anyone know if there is a welsh plug under there on the 21R-C engine?? It's either a welsh plug or she's done!

  • Author

She's alive again!

 

Thanks to a trusty local mobile mechanic :blush:

 

Turns out there's a little bypass hose up under there, that had blown.

New hose fitted, no harm done!

  • 3 years later...

Holy thread revival batman!

But a couple weeks ago, I bought a bright yellow Celica with ragged black stripes, unlicensed, from a young bloke in Sorrento. Same plates!

I've since taken her over the pits, but would love to work out the history between my purchase and your ownership. The cancer is, sadly, coming back, though I'll keep her garaged until I can fix that. Finding the paint code she's resprayed in will help me touch it up, too.

So 67Rolla-Ken, if you're interested in seeing the big girl again, don't mind catching up for a chat and providing a history lesson, let me know.

 

Cheers

Ash

  • 6 years later...
  • Author

So I was googling to find any info on the fate of Mumbleweed the RA60 Celica and found Ash's post on my thread... 7 years late. I'd love to know if she's still out there and what plates she has now??

  • 2 weeks later...

KEN!

Well, water has traveled under the bridge mate. I did get the big girl licensed- she had a W50 5 speed conversion when I picked her up. The 21RC was a gutless wonder but she was a fantastic cruiser.

I keep saying was. The W50 eventually decided it didn't love life and the input shaft bearing let go. I limped her down to the farm near Busselton, and proceeded to pull the box. The spigot bearing didn't feel right, but I had to pull the engine and get a torch on to get it out. Kids got in the way, one thing led to another and she languished in the hay shed for a few years. I even countenanced some offers over covid but no one showed up with cash.

After moving back to Perth we eventually moved back into our old place, and there was room in the carport, so I fished her dusty, grotty self out of the hayshed and brought her back here. She needs a wash and a driveline. I have the original 21RC on the floor with a W57, a spare 22R, a 22RE intake manifold... but I also have a Saab B204 turbo and RWD gearbox, along with a Camry 1MZ and a Aisin AR5 and bellhousing that should fit. So there's options, and Mumbleweed will yet live if I can commit to one of the options!

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

I really need to check in on this more often! 😂

Stoked to hear there's still hope for her. I'd love to see her hit the road again!

  • 3 months later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.