Oke055's Evo Vii

OKE055

It it a very large task even when everything goes to plan but when it doesnt it leaves you wanting to put your hair out. I have pull the timing cover off the front of the car over the last two days to replace a stretched bolt that was causing an oil leak. If i had to do something similar again in the next 6 months id just pay someone. Though on a plus side i have learnt a huge amount out about my car which i wouldnt have normally known.

Members dont see this ad

Ok the cars back on the road and seeing some k's to run it in. I'm seeing some wonderful fuel economy 90l to 260km,s on E85 but thats lead foot driving to 5000rpm. i must say its starting to pull very hard. Once i get 1000kms on the clock I'm changing the turbo setup. I am currently looking at running a Precision 5857 or 6262 I'm leaning towards the 5857 as I'm not a fan of boost hitting after 4k rpm as a few people running this turbo on 2.3 evos and pump fuel are seeing 4500rpm to make 30psi where as the guys running 58's are seeing 3800rpm. plans are to get the K's on the car over the next fornight and Have the turbo on and tuned mid to late July.

Edited by OKE055

• 1 month later...

Thought id give a bit of update its been a while and a bits changed, car is now run in and also had a small bolt on fitted, i have just fitted a GT Pumps 76 HTA turbo am looking at having it tuned next week so ill post a pump and e85 dyno sheet asap. The turbo was a very simple install minus a few broken studs and bolts that wanted to be a pain to remove. Ill grab some photos this week to show how "standard" this turbo looks. I'm very happy with how the engine bay looks i don't think it will even draw to much attention and suprise a few with how much power it makes (seeing it looks quite stock to a non evo owner).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...