boggedKE55

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeh ellenbrook and alot of the country tracks, will come down to bunno to race when theres a meet that don't conflict with kwinana or ellenbrook... really i want to be racing as much as i can, don't really car how long i have to drive to get there :D

we raced 4th overall for the nite, not bad seeing as it was the first time the car was raced

i didnt make it down though... to busy preping a mini in the morning, fell asleep and missed my lift down. we were going to hed down to the drags last nite but we cut it too late, so next week my cousins dragging his coupe on wednesday come down and watch if ur there for junior practice

• 1 month later...

When i saw this thread i had the feeling that this question was going to be asked.. haha.

My car is coming along too slow for my liking.. We finished getting the cage and that, and at the moment its ready for paint. Thanks to Preston (cheers buddy) as of tomorrow I will be the proud owner of his old 3K and radiator.. that will go in after the cage is in.. you would know what has to be done after that, having built a car yourself before.

But we go over east on New Years and will be there til about the start of Febuary (spelling), so that means no build for a while. But hopefully between now and then the cage will be painted and the 3k dropped in.

I have a question for you; when you put your cage in, did you do it in three or four sections? And did you pull the engine out to do that?

Cheers,

Dan.

no we didnt cut off the roof we made the peices and welded thm in like this

post-564-1135225234_thumb.jpgpost-564-1135225019_thumb.jpgpost-564-1135225334_thumb.jpg

just welded the bars in 1 by 1 as we made them but since you have a full cage you will have to cut the roof of and cut the rollcage into the 3 part front, inside, back