Hoodie

not sure if you people are aware, but of recent times in england, there are calls for HOODIES to be banned!

there seems to be some public opinion that hooded jumpers are clothing associated with criminals and criminal activity, and it's now gotten to the stage where if you're at a shopping center or nightclub and wearing a hoodie, you will be ejected from the premesis. no shit!

i personally think that's disgusting. to classify someone as a criminal, simply because of the item of clothing they wear. what's next? everyone who wears a hijab (the head and facial covering of the muslim religion) is instantly a terrorist? i'd like to see them try that. i mean, for christs sake, england is sposed to be one of the main countries in the world fighting FOR freedom, not blatantly stereotyping its' citizens because of the clothing they wear, and besides which, it's cold over there!

at the forefront of fighting this ridiculous travesty of civil liberties is a young female hiphop artist going by the moniker of lady sovereign. you can listen to 2 minutes of her hoodie song for free on her website, or you can find radio rip mp3s on limewire. the single gets released november 21st. she's pretty cute too

there's also another website over at save the hoodie .com where you can sign a petition if you like, and read about an amusing history of hoods, and look at pictures of people wearing hoodies, even get hoodie style tips

check it out. fight the good fight!

Members dont see this ad

Hell yeah! Save the hoodies!

They can't ban them. Do they expect the world just to revolve around what they feel? People to throw out millions of dollars worth of hoodies, clothing companies losing millions of dollars themselves? Do they understand the ripple effect on the rest of the world? I think not. Thats what really pisses me off about poms. Don't say I'm being racist, hell, I know that a bloody good portion of my family would have originally been poms. But they just think that the world can revolve around them. They wonder where the quote 'whinging poms' comes from. This is just another example of them trying to whinge again. Just put up with it. Its like the theory that P-Platers are all psychos, or when you carry a skatie you've gotta be doing something illegal.

This sort of shit I just can't believe. Tell em to stick it up there arse...