Boot Springs - Ke 70

JeFfReYiSpEacE

Members dont see this ad
Do you mean the boot lid hinges?

well... not exactly the hinges...

you know.. the hinges don't work by themselves rite? there are these two bars that run to the middle of the upper portion of the boot, just below the speaker console...

don't know whether i am making myself clear .... hehehehhe ... sorry... maybe i'll try to get some photos and maybe that might help...

but, of course, if anyone does understand what i am talking about... hehehe.. appreciate your help guys! the squealing is killing me!!! :(

yes!! a torsion bar... that's what it is!! sorry for my incapability of searching for the right term....

anyway, will try out what you suggested KE-JG... thanks lots!! and to the rest of you too!!! :)

nope this would solve ur car prob as sounds bad to me since the last time I sat in your car :(

yeah cookie... didn't solve it..

hey guys... the squealing is still there even after i took out the boot springs... hmmm.. don't know what i'm gonna do bout this..

however, good time to try out hydraulic bonnet (hehehe, in this case boot) lifters...!! :jamie:

any other ideas on why there is squealing? cookie... any ideas?

Try using WD40 on all moving parts on and around / relating to the boot lid ?

hey teddy,

yeah... tried that... drenched the parts with WD40 even!! sprayed the parts till the lubricant dripped like dew from the morning leaves!

goes away for a day or two... but comes back to haunt... oh yeah.. the squeals only come when i am driving, doesn't come when i try to open and close the boot lid.. don't know why...

guess if this goes on... i'll have to stock up with WD40s for the rest of the car's life!! :jamie:

thanks for your input guys!!

yeah cookie... didn't solve it..

hey guys... the squealing is still there even after i took out the boot springs... hmmm.. don't know what i'm gonna do bout this..

however, good time to try out hydraulic bonnet (hehehe, in this case boot) lifters...!! :jamie:

any other ideas on why there is squealing? cookie... any ideas?

hmmm........ no ideas now as dead of idea sorry sob