4Age + Cams + Ecu +Sc

yohann

hello there all

its been ages since ive entered here . i have a few questions .

i own a daihatsu charmant witch is basicly a ke70

ive installed a smallport 4age inside with 20v itb's chinese exaust , and a standalone ecu

the engine is completly stock for now

the next upgrades are cams and vernier and head gasket

i bought the HKS cams witch ae 272 degrees in - 8.35 lift and ex - 8.1 lift , hks came timing belt , hks valve spings and hks belt.

now i have a few question

first I'm going to install them with a 0/8 head gasket witch ill buy soon , and everthing else will stay stock.

so my first question is how much compresion ratio should i go to , the fuel here isnt very good but i plan on using a methanol mixture so i guess it take anything . so how far should i go with stock bottom end.

my second question is more for the futur , I'm looking to put on all of this a 4agze supercharger . wanted to know how much is its stock boost figure. and with that in mind again how far should i go with the compresion ration . i don't want to boost more than the stock . id like to get to about 150 kw at the engine by the end . is it possible .

thank you all.

Members dont see this ad

You could build a motor now with the intention of putting the supercharger on later, but it's not going to be that exciting without boost. According to Wikipedia, the stock compression ratio for a ZE is ~9:1 and the stock boost is ~9psi.

For the sort of numbers you're talking about, you're going to need more boost or more compression. Your second problem is going to be rods and pistons. To achieve a compression safe enough to boost, you're going to have to use modded pistons, or original ZE equipment and mill the head. I also thought the ZE's had oil squirters under the pistons to reduce the heat in the piston crown, similar to the turbo motors (but I could have that wrong), so there's a bit of difference between them. I believe the ZE rods are also chunkier to cope with the boost.

So if you skimmed the top of the piston, lowered the static compression and ran a bunch more boost (which will chew up the supercharger), you could get your 150kw flywheel.

The other option, is to bump the compression over 11:1, get some much bigger cams (~274deg) with a lot more lift and forget the supercharger option.

If you just want something that will haul resonably well, stick with what you're doing and it'll be a decent thing, but those numbers are going to be a touch too much.