June 9, 201115 yr comment_530839 Simple question really... here's what I've got I've got a KE55X (hardtop) "rolling shell" and a Complete 3K running gear... in wrecked ke30 can I rego the ke55 with the 3k in it??? Report
June 9, 201115 yr comment_530864 Shouldn't be a problem, just make sure you're pollution gear looks about right. that's about the only difference apart from capacity. you could leave the ke55 manifolds as they are and just change the rest. you may need to provide proof of ownership of the 3k motor when getting it registered, as it will be different to what is on vicroads register. ie show a receipt of the car you bought with the motor in it. Report
June 10, 201115 yr comment_530872 can't see any reason for a problem but right above about a receipt for the engine etc as Ive just gone through the same thing with an ae82,went to get it registered,booked the appointment over the phone,they wanted all the info about the car then said thats not the engine that the computer says was in that car! Long story short,only had a purchase receipt for the car,nothing for the engine so had to do a stat dec. that the car came fitted with that engine when I bought it.Stupid thing,when I actually took it for reg,they never even questioned it or checked,just made sure the engine no. matched the road worthy certificate no. that was it,now your registered! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now